Complaint Review: Peoples Rebate Association

• Submitted: Thu, January 06, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, January 06, 2005

• Reported By:Olathe Kansas
Peoples Rebate Association
PO Box 1346 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Peoples Rebate Association ripoff Champlain New York

As many others were, I was contacted and told the lie. I was contacted by Maria Rossi. She said that I'd recieve a credit card with a $2500.00 limit within 10 business days of the $299.00 draft from my checking account.

I was told that if I wanted to change the draft date that I'd have to call 2 business days before the draft was to be taken out. I needed to change the date and contacted customer service, but was told that they did not have my file and that it could take up to a week before they got it.

After contacting the customer service department and speaking with Mark Kennedy I was very angry. He said that I was paying for a workbook or something to do with repairing my credit and that there would be a credit card offer enclosed. I was never garaunteed a credit card, I was lied to by Maria Rossi and blown off by Mark Kennedy.

I've contacted my bank and explained the situation and they've agreed to stop payment on this fraudulent withdrawal by the Peoples Rebate Association. This company lied and tried to blame it on the person who originally contacted me, Maria Rossi.

I entered into an aggreement because of what I was told by Maria Rossi who contacted me first. I tried telling this to Mark Kennedy in customer service, but he stated that it was not his problem. He says it's all recorded and that I'm obligated to pay. Let's hear that recording and listen to the lies they told and the breech of contract the committed by telling me I'd get a credit card and then not following through.

Scott
Olathe, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2005 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoples-Rebate-Association/Champlain-New-York-12919/Peoples-Rebate-Association-ripoff-Champlain-New-York-126091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoples Rebate Association