• Report: #119748

• Submitted: Wed, November 24, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, December 06, 2004

• Reported By:Zachary Louisiana
Peoples Rebate Association
PO Box 1346 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Peoples Rebate Association RIP OFF SCAM BEWARE Champlain New York

*Consumer Comment: SCAM!!!!!!!!!!

The exact same thing has happened to me! A call about a $2500. credit limit with a one time fee of $299.95. I fell for it and then received NOTHING! When I called them and told them that they were reported on rip off report.com they told me that it was by people who weren't patient and refused to wait for their "package". Well, I was patient and it didn't pay off!

I was trying to wait until i received my first package before becoming too alarmed, but everyday i would see a new complaint posted! The last post listed information on how to get my money back and calling my bank worked. They will have the money back in the bank by Friday. I was really stressed when I read all of the reports filled but am very thankful for all of the helpfull information.

Hopefully we reach others before they are scammed too! Also be ware of a similar company called FIRST LIFE!

Addie
Zachary, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2004 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoples-Rebate-Association/Champlain-New-York/Peoples-Rebate-Association-RIP-OFF-SCAM-BEWARE-Champlain-New-York-119748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoples Rebate Association

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Margaret - (U.S.A.)

I called them, they have no record of the woman who contacted me, and would't give me a number nor let me speak to someone in the higher ups, they said it is not a scam, I am tripping, because they called me, told me that 3000 people a year are chosen by Visa to do this...pay 299 and get a credit card in the amount of 2500...when I asked when my card would be here, he said, what card, I said the Visa, he said what Visa, this is a benefit package, I said what benefit package...he said I would get two applications to fill out and a card that I have to put credit on. He then hung up on me when I said I am reporting them.