Complaint Review: Peoples Rebate

• Submitted: Tue, March 08, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 08, 2005

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Peoples Rebate
10 Sunshine Blvd Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Peoples Rebate Association Lies and Ripoffs I got a call at my work number, telling me that I had been approved for a Visa with a $2500 limit and a good interest rate if I paid $299.95. The rest is the same as all the other complaints. Champlain New York

Same story with the other complaints. I have called several times, first when I never received anything from them, kept putting me off said it was coming, etc. When I called and told them that this was a scam and I wanted my money back they said I had to wait for the "package" in order to file a compaint and request my money back. I returned the "package" unopened as the instructions said by overnight mail and I have proof they received it.

I called today and was told that the Customer Service telephone number is a third party and that they don't know if I returned the "package" and I needed to file a compaint with them and to call back in ten days and maybe I would get my money back and maybe I wouldn't. Of course the representative was very rude, I informed him that I had filed a complaint with the FTC, the Attorney General for New York and for Texas.

I am planning on filing a lawsuit as well. I have contacted my bank and they are willing to investigate but only if I did not authorize the transcation, which I did and Peoples Rebate apparantly has that on tape. What are my other options?

Gale
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2005 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoples-Rebate/Champlain-New-York-12919/Peoples-Rebate-Association-Lies-and-Ripoffs-I-got-a-call-at-my-work-number-telling-me-tha-134167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoples Rebate