Complaint Review: Peoplesmart.com

• Submitted: Wed, August 03, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, August 03, 2011

• Reported By: Katherine — Pensacola Florida U.S.A.
Peoplesmart.com
PO Box 68139 Internet United States of America

Peoplesmart.com Fraudulent Practices Omaha, Nebraska 391146, Internet

I signed up for a 7 day free trial for a search for someone. The ad stated you had 7 days for a search and then you would be billed for $39.95 after the 7 days. When I put the name in it pulled up a quote for more money and I backed out of it and cancelled by email. I checked my credit card and I had been billed the $39.95. I called them and they tried to say I ordered the background check for $39.95. I said I did not as I would not pay $39.95 when I had a free trial. The guy tried to argue w/ me and I told him I was filing a complaint w/ my state atty's office for Florida as this was a fraud.   He said I threatened him and they were a Better Business Bureau company. I am not not threatening them but rather promising them I am filing a fraud complaint w/ the Fl. Attorney General's Office of Consumer Protection. He then said he would refund my money and was not going to argue w/ me but he could take me back to where I did this. This is not true and I urge others who have been deceived to file a complaint w/ the Better Business Bureau and your Atty. General's Office as well as your credit card company. This is a scam as you don't get anything for the free trial except a charge right away.I intend to file a complaint if my money is not refunded.

Disgusted and deceived!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2011 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoplesmartcom/internet/Peoplesmartcom-Fraudulent-Practices-Omaha-Nebraska-391146-Internet-760504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoplesmart.com