• Report: #719051

• Updated: Mon, April 18, 2011

• Reported By: Butterfly1031 — Roseville California United States of America
Peoplesmart.com
P.O. Box 391146 Internet United States of America

Peoplesmart.com Peoplesoft free 7 day trial is NOT FREE! They will charge you $39.95 immediately then not give it back, Internet

Peoplesmart.com offers a free 7 day trial. I signed up and they asked for my credit card info, stating I could cancel within 7 days at no charge. I used their site to find information I needed but quickly found that any information above what I'd already actually found on the interned for free, was an extra charge.

I sent an email to them asking to cancel my 7 day trial after only one day. Two days later I didn't get a response so I checked my account. They charged me $39.95 the same day I signed up. I called and spoke to Andy. He told me that I had purchased a background check for $39.95 the same day I signed up. I told him this wasn't true. He quickly responded with, "Well, you had to confirm the purchase twice in two different windows online so you must have purchased it." I told him this wasn't true. He told me there was nothing he could do and was quite rude about it. I asked to speak to his supervisor.

The supervisor "Melissa" came on the line and told me the same thing. I had purchased a $39.95 background check. End of story. She wouldn't even let me explain. They seem very prepared with this type of response for the many people like me who call each day.

I called my bank and I've submitted paperwork to dispute the charge. Peoplesmart.com is a total ripoff and if I can keep one more person from being taken advantage of then I will be satisfied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2011 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoplesmartcom/internet/Peoplesmartcom-Peoplesoft-free-7-day-trial-is-NOT-FREE-They-will-charge-you-3995-imme-719051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoplesmart.com