Complaint Review: Peoria Ford

• Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: Debbie — Surprise Arizona United States of America
Peoria Ford
9130 w Bell Rd peoria, Arizona United States of America

Peoria Ford we were flim-flamed 3 times, treated horribly & sold 3 cars in 8 months. .took days to get car peoria, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Dion. Lee Earl. X finance manager that hates dealers because they won't hire him

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Family issues are the problem not the dealer

*Consumer Comment: A crime or buyer's remorse?

My very senior psrents (one with advanced alzheimers), went to Peoria Ford in Peoria, Az in Jan 2012 to buy an SUV and came home with a Ford Fusion. .I asked them why they got that one & my mother told me that the salesman led them to that one & wouldn't let go until they bought it. It was very hard for them to get in & out of. I told her to call the salesman & tell him you were returning it, it was not right. She was told the salesman was not there so they had to wait another 2 days to bring it back. When they took it back they were sold a 2020 Ford Explorer that they soon discovered was never serviced (with 55,000 miles on it). They then started researching the paperwork & the dealership finally sent a carfax, where they discovered the car had been a rental car, been in a rear-ender. .auctioned off to another rental car company & eventually auctioned off to this car dealership. .they also discovered it had transmission problems. .they called the dealer & spike to Pat Hickey the district manager & he told them to come in & he would put them in a 2012ng onto him Edge or Escape & he would see that it would all be a wash. Myself & my brther went with them to see tat they get taken care of right. They instantly started telling them they could only have the Escape & not the Edge (which is what my mom wanted), it ended up being more than what they were told. This is the 3rd car in 8 months and by the time we left on the 2nd day, without a car, my dad was slumped over & my mom was seconds away from tears. .I said we are leaving now & of course it was without a car. The next morning they finally delivered not the car they wanted but a car. .The whole thing set the family inward fighting. . & I will tell everyone i know what they did to my senior parents. .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peoria-Ford/peoria-Arizona-85382/Peoria-Ford-we-were-flim-flamed-3-times-treated-horribly-sold-3-cars-in-8-months-too-934386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peoria Ford

AUTHOR: Auto Dealer Fraud Investigator - (United States of America)

Mr Dion Lee Earl.  When are you going to learn how to find a job and stop causing trouble. It seems that you're pissed off at the world because nobody wants to hire you Dion.   No businessman in his right mind would put you on his time clock To do anything.  You clearly prove you don't have the balls to even post your name Pat Hickey has done nothing to you Nor has Peoria Ford.

Getting your name out this way is a piss poor way of looking for work.  Want to be a man and post your name when you do any kind of postings.   Like I said before I wouldn't hire you to push a hotdog cart on Van Buren in south Phoenix

Much less put you in a finance department of any dealership where you have access to people's private data.  I certainly wouldn't want you having access to my credit information. Jackass

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Family issues are the problem not the dealer

AUTHOR: pat hickey - (United States of America)

This customer did purchase 3 vehicles in an 8 mo time frame and by their own admission they chose to do that.  They were not forced to do anything, actually they were given several options.  The dealer actually went 250 miles away to get a specific vehicle for them because of their demands.  The "actual" buyers said they were very satisfied and thanked me for helping them.  They actually bought a new car and then decided they didn't like it.  They traded it in on a used explorer because their budget did not allow them a new explorer.

THEY then decided the explorer had to many miles and wanted another SUV.  What was failed to mention throughout the whole complaint is the "buyers" had a budget and we did whatever we could to meet that budget.  Not one of the family members who wrote this report stepped up and helped these family members, yet critic our actions.  We actually went above and beyond what any other local dealer would do by putting more in their trade in, selling our new car at below cost, and getting the best financing availble because we were trying to help the "buyer".

I'm actually disappointed that one of the family members actually filed a report like this, because several of their family members called me and thanked me for doing what we did.  The "buyer" purchased what they felt they could afford and met their budget.  We actually received a customer survey stating completly satisfied on all questions from this particular buyer from the manufacturer survey which completly contradicts what this person is stating.

A crime or buyer's remorse?

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"the salesman led them to that one & wouldn't let go until they bought it"

It is unlawful to detain someone against his or her will. Did they file a police report? If they were unlawfully detained and forced to purchase the vehicle then the salesman committed a serious crime. If they were not unlawfully detained then this is a case of buyer's remorse.