Complaint Review: Pep Boys Auto

• Submitted: Sat, January 19, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 19, 2008

• Reported By:Clovis California
Pep Boys Auto
5615 E Kings Canyon Rd Fresno, California U.S.A.

Pep Boys Auto Opening engine when only buying tires! Refusing to close hood, trying to sell others parts & services not needed. Fresno California

I went only for two front tires and Eddy Perez, mechanic opened my hood and moved all parts inside with his tools. I asked him to close the hood because its not his business. We have a private mechanic for our cars, there was nothing wrong with my engine as we recently had it serviced.

He insisted and refused to close the hood. I asked him three times to close the hood. After he tried to sell me a new tie rod on passenger side - it seemed he wouldn't give up unless I bought some parts and service from them.

I had to contacted his manager, Billy Vang and he said "nothing I can do for about it."

I cancelled my alignment, paid the bill and left. I will never go back!

Invoice #0673 2001301

Dated 1/19/08

Clovis, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2008 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys-Auto/Fresno-California-93727/Pep-Boys-Auto-Opening-engine-when-only-buying-tires-Refusing-to-close-hood-trying-to-sel-301720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys Auto