Complaint Review: Pep Boys Auto

• Submitted: Mon, December 15, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 15, 2008

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Pep Boys Auto
390 Clairton Blvd. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Pep Boys Auto Gave me a Front Differential Fluid Drain instead of an oil change, ruining my Transmission! Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

I took my car in for a routine oil change and I ended up receiving a front differential oil drain instead. I didn't know that until months later when I took my car in to get checked out for a strange sound it was making. I was told, "During your last oil change, someone drained your front differential fluid instead of your oil." I immediately contacted Pep Boys and they of course denied all responsibility. They claimed too much time had passed since the oil change and then and there was no way of proving that it wasn't anyone else who drained it, including myself. They had an "internal" investigation done and of course their name was cleared. I have written 2 letters and mailed them certified to the CEO, Michael Odell. I gave him one courtesy month to respond and reimburse me the amount for the oil change I never received and for the rebuilt transmission I had to get as a result of their negligent work, I have yet to receive anything from him. Not even a phone call to discuss the problem. I am tired of the little man getting taken advantage of. They didn't do anything because they thought I wouldn't do anything about it. Well, I am. I'm not stopping either... I filed a complaint with the BBB, I'm sending the story to the local paper and news, and I am going to file a claim with small claims court. At least, they will get their name tarnished once again for the shotty workmanship they provide and for their dishonesty!

Angry Brenda
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2008 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys-Auto/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15236/Pep-Boys-Auto-Gave-me-a-Front-Differential-Fluid-Drain-instead-of-an-oil-change-ruining-m-401625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys Auto