Complaint Review: Pep Boys Auto

• Submitted: Sun, June 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2008

• Reported By:Upland California
Pep Boys Auto
304 Foothill Blvd. Upland, California U.S.A.

Pep Boys Auto Lied about my Truck needing a complete break job! Upland California

*Author of original report: NAME OF ACTING MGR.

*Author of original report: NAME OF ACTING MGR.

Around May 26th, 2008 I was on my way home from work and own a small Painting Co. in Fontana, Ca. I called Pep boys in upland, Ca. and told them I needed my front break pads installed and how much was that, I was told about $ 139.00, it was around 3;oopm, and said that I needed my truck a Dodge Ram 1500 to be completed that night and lived about 25 miles away, I was told that no prob. It would be done.

I was scared to drive my truck as my front breaks were starting to make some squeeling. I arived within the hour and they were not busy and was told to pull up to the service bay, which I did.

I was followed there by my Wife and kids and went to have a early light dinner, and gave my Cell phone number to the lead guy, he said he would call me about the price. After an Hour I returned to find my truck up on a lift my wife droped me off, and was told the break guy was on a coffee break and that they did not have a total yet.

I hung arround for another hour and after going up to the counter was told that they wanted to do a complete break job, all I needed was front break pads.

I asked to see my truck, after about 20 min, I was told to follow an employee to the back.

My truck was up on a lift, completely disasimbled, and was shown break pads that were down to the "squeeler tap" on the pads to let people know that the pads are worn, the roters were in perfict condition as was the rear breaks and all necessary break parts I was told that the price would be around $600.00.

I explained that I beleved that a complete break job was not necessary, as I replaced most of the parts about 9 months earlyer, and all I wanted was the front break pad done.

I was told by the acting Manager, that if I did'nt do the complete break job, that they would not help me and . I ak them to put my truck back together and after about 45 min it was ready.

I was caled to the counter were the "Acting Manager" told me that he would WAVE the "break Inspection Fee" for me, after answering 3 Phone calls and going to the back room 2 times and intering stuff on his computer he asked me to sign a paper which I did, that said customer refused work, he finialy gave me my keys. and would not give me a copy of the paper that I signed.

I got into my truck and it was really squeeling, and my right front tire did NOT feel right, I pulled over and the lug nuts were all loose. I tighted them my self and drove home.

the next day I could not go to work due to my Breaks, so I went to the local auto parts store, bought New Pads and installed them myself. for $ 45.00 for booth sides. I never did this before, but after reading up on it, and buying a repair manual for my Dodge, I did it myself and it was easy! it took about an hour to do.

I will never go to PEP BOYS ecer again, they are RIP OFF'S and wasted 4hrs of my time, scrwed up my evening, and are liers.

( DO NOT GO TO PEP BOYS THEY ARE LIERS )

Tim ****
Upland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2008 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys-Auto/Upland-California/Pep-Boys-Auto-Lied-about-my-Truck-needing-a-complete-break-job-Upland-California-343005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys Auto

NAME OF ACTING MGR.

AUTHOR: Tim fuhrman, upland.ca. - (U.S.A.)

The " Acting Managers name was Roman, The guy who Did NOT attch my tire and said my roters and other things needed replacing was an Arib, looking guy. I did not get his name. but he definetly had a bad attude!

NAME OF ACTING MGR.

AUTHOR: Tim fuhrman, upland.ca. - (U.S.A.)