Complaint Review: Pep Boys, Buford, Ga

• Updated: Fri, May 23, 2014

• Reported By: Ronnie — Atlanta Georgia
Pep Boys, Buford, Ga
2908 Buford Drive Buford, Georgia USA

Pep Boys, Buford, Georgia Charged $945 and car problem wasn't repaired Buford Georgia

My 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport wouldn't start. I towed the car to Pep Boys (Buford, Ga.) 5/16 that night. The next morning 5/17 when they opened I described the problem and authorized them to make the diagnosis ($89).

Pep Boys mechanic came back and said "it's the A/C compressor locking the belt causing the car not to start." They recommended replacing the A/C compressor ($800+). I authorized the repair and left the store. I asked them to call me when it's ready.

I didn't hear back from them so I called (same day) asking for an update on my vehicle. They said "the problem wasn't the belt." but........... that "they would continue working on it to find the problem."

Well............ days later still no call back. 5/20..... I visited the store. They said we still hadn't found the problem. I asked for my car to be released so I can take it to the dealer a"factory trained mechanic" to help with my "no start probem." Pep Boys said in order for them to release my car that I would have to pay $945 for the A/C compressor (which had nothing to do with the "no start probem.'). I told them I don't want their compressor. "I want my car to start (which is what I asked them for initially).

5/20..... I called Pep Boys corporate office and gave them the story. The corporate office claimed the manager of that store has 48 hrs to resolve the issue(s). 48 hrs came and went I didn't hear from anyone.

5/23.......I visited the store and I called the police b/c Pep Boys wouldn't release my car. The police came (3 deep) but they said "it's not a police issue and they can't write a report. So they left.

Essentially, I have the exact same problem I had when I brought the car into Pep Boys.......just $945 lighter in the pocket. Pep Boys started replacing parts and charging me for the replacement and not having a clue what the problem is. I was forced to pay the $945 to have my car released and towed to the dealer which is where it is now. Broke and starting all over again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2014 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys-Buford-Ga-/Buford-Georgia-30519/Pep-Boys-Buford-Georgia-Charged-945-and-car-problem-wasnt-repaired-Buford-Georgia-1149192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys, Buford, Ga