Complaint Review: Pep Boys East Brunswick NJ

• Reported By: dottieann — allentown New Jersey United States of America
Pep Boys East Brunswick NJ
State Highway 18 & Hope East Brunswick, New Jersey United States of America

Pep Boys East Brunswick NJ WHAT A RIPOFF!!!! East Brunswick, New Jersey

My 2006 Nissan Ultima was making a humming noise in the rear of the car.   I told my boyfriend and he told me to call a mechanic to check your rear hub bearings out.  I spoke to a Guy name Guy at Pep Boys and asked me to drop if off.   Dan checked me in and told me the car will be ready in a few hours.  Guy called me back and told me my car needed brakes and rotors and other work done and I felt my brakes were less than a year old and wasn't needed.

So I spent the $800.00 to fix what had to be done and the noise was still there so I took it back.  Tom at Pep Boys told me it needed a hum wheel bearing which is the original reason for why I brought it there in the first place and had to spend another $200.00 to fix that as well.  I believe I was totally ripped off big time and felt there error of not fixing the hub bearing first then listen to hear my brakes was out of line and will never go to Pep Boys again.   As we live and learn where the honesty lies in mechanics and it's not at Pep Boys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2012 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys-East-Brunswick-NJ/East-Brunswick-New-Jersey-08816/Pep-Boys-East-Brunswick-NJ-WHAT-A-RIPOFF-East-Brunswick-New-Jersey-860939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys East Brunswick NJ