Complaint Review: Pep Boys Moorestown, NJ

• Reported By: FairLady! — Moorestown New Jersey United States of America
Pep Boys Moorestown, NJ
401 route 38 Ste C1 Moorestown, New Jersey United States of America

Pep Boys Moorestown, NJ SCAM ARTISTS & Crooks Moorestown, New Jersey

Pep Boys lied and charged me for a service that was never done!!!!!! When I spoke to Shawn he had a bunch of excuses.  I spoke to the manager Mike and he said it never happened!! They are a bunch of crooks.

My starter has been giving me trouble for some time so I wasn't surprised just annoyed when it finally went.  I called AAA and they towed my car to Pep Boys on Route 38 in Moorestown on Dec 22

When I arrived I explained to them the issue and explained the problems I have been having with my starter.  The guy Shawn at the counter said they would take a look at it and call me to let me know what the problem was. <--- Never Happened. My car was dropped of at 10am I called at 1pm no response they still did not look at the car...Called again around 3 because I knew they would be closing soon no response they did not know they aid the car is not showing any signs of trouble and it starter when they turned it on.  I reminded them that my starter goes in and out and I had the issues with it and requested that they check it again.  The following morning I called and they still did not know <---I should have known then to have my car taken someplace else  However it was Sunday before the Holiday so I figured I'd better wait it out with these guys instead of trying to find someone at the last minute.

Since they wouldn't give me an answer I had my dad call, (by the way I'm a woman so..yeah),  and they told him that it was my started (Surprise!!) and they had to tighten the connection?? At any rate I went to pick my car up they charged me $75 for the service and explained that it was some "freak" thing, (I gues that's a technical term), that happened and they just had to go in and "tighten up" the connection to my starter.  I looked at the invoice and said are you sure you checked the starter and everything is fine.  They said they had.  I paid.  I left.

2 weeks later my car stalled again but started eventually.  Then 3 weeks later my car wouldn't start at all.  Same problem took it to another shop they confirmed that it was my starter.  The same starter that Pep Boys Claimed "was fine just needed to be tightened".  They also confirmed that because of the location of the starter the car had to be pretty much taken apart (Dodge Journey) and when examined there were no fingerprints or anything suggesting that it had been repaired, tightened or touched in  the last 3 weeks!!!

BEWARE if you a brave enough to trust your vehicle there

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys-Moorestown-NJ/Moorestown-New-Jersey-08057/Pep-Boys-Moorestown-NJ-SCAM-ARTISTS-Crooks-Moorestown-New-Jersey-1001812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys Moorestown, NJ