Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Reported By: Pigpen — Sewickley Pennsylvania
Pep Boys
20229 U.S. 19 Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania USA

Pep Boys Botched tire balance Cranberry Township Pennsylvania

I bought a new set of tires for my 2007 Chevy Siverado. Upon driving home I noticed that there was servere vibration coming from the tires, and it got progressively worse the faster I went, up to 75 MPH. I returned to the store with my complaint. I was informed by the store manager that their balancer only went up to 65 MPH, and therefore they couldn't guarantee the balance on any speeds above 65MPH. I complained that I thought this was absurd, he relented, they rebalanced my wheels, and I drove home without incident. It seems they CAN balance tires correctly when they try.

I drove an extra 25 miles and lost 2 hours because they failed to do their job correctly the first time. This is a company which sells and mounts tires for a living. One would think they'd have the hang of it by now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 01:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/Cranberry-Township-Pennsylvania-16066/Pep-Boys-Botched-tire-balance-Cranberry-Township-Pennsylvania-1146844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys