Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, November 15, 2002

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Pep Boys
19122 BROOKHURST STREET Orange County, California U.S.A.

Pep Boys rip-off

*UPDATE Employee: one thing clear if it helps

This complaint is about Pep Boys poor auto repair services. I took my vehicle for a service to have the pcv valve replaced. They recommeded that I get my gasket replaced as well.

I know nothing about cars, they said it would benefit the vehicle, this, I agreed. the service result in an additional $200~$300 in repair charges. a few months later, I noticed that my car was leaking for i didnt know what had caused it. I took my car for a diagnostic, people at pep boys told me that its leaking everywhere and they wanted me to pay $500 for repairs to have everything replaced.

I took my car to another place, come to find out, the gasket was not properly installed thus caused the leaking. Im deeply upset. I did not know what to do. I contacted pep boys, and they said that the services all have a 60 days warranty, I didnt bring my car in during the time, thus I have to take care of everything on my own.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/Orange-County-California/Pep-Boys-rip-off-6278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys

one thing clear if it helps

AUTHOR: chris - ()

You did have 90- days not 60 like you stated for your warrenty on labor.
Please go back to the store and get the main office you will be refunded!!!!