Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Reported By: Stephiie T — Phila Pennsylvania
Pep Boys
2298 W Ritner St Phila, Pennsylvania USA

Pep Boys OVER CHARGED, FRAUDULENT CHARGES Phila Pennsylvania

I had bought 4 brand new tires from TireRack.com and on the website they recommended Pep Boys as an installer. This store tried to completely rip us off. They said to change all 4 tires would cost me over $124 and when I asked why would it be so much, the guy starting naming all of these nonsense fees such as "outsider fee for the tires". We were missing lug nuts on the front two tires and they refused to change our tires without us replacing the whole lug nut panel for the front two tires for an additional 200 PLUS! Honestly, with buying 4 new tires and expecting to pay $124 for installation, I simply could not afford the extra 200+ at the time. Technician refused to put the front two tires on the car. Long story short, we paid to get 2 tires put on for 62.43 and was left with 2 tires. We had to find another place to install the tires. The other installer changed my two tires and replaced my lug nuts (I bought the lug nuts myself) for a total of $12. Needless to say, I am extremely displeased and will never be a patronage at any pep boys again & neither will my friends or family.

Stephanie from Philadelphia, PA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2014 04:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/Phila-Pennsylvania-19145/Pep-Boys-OVER-CHARGED-FRAUDULENT-CHARGES-Phila-Pennsylvania-1130079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys