Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By: KSevivas — Naugatuck Connecticut United States of America
Pep Boys
660 Wolcott Road Waterbury, Connecticut United States of America

Pep Boys Tried to take advantage of me because Im a WOMAN! ..SHOTTY WORK Waterbury , Connecticut

*General Comment: I have a problem with your report

About a month ago, my car began to leak coolant, so Pep Boys being the closest repair shop, I drove my car there.

At 10am, they told me that they were going to run a diagnostic, so it would take 30 mins, OK.

At 10:30am, they told me that the cause of my leak was a blown water pump, bad thermostat, and bad tubing. 4 hour job... Total: $990.00

I told the mechanic that he needed to take off some of the unnecessary stuff, and that I would wait for my car to be done. He brought the total down to $650.00....alittle better.

Instead of waiting for the car, I got a ride to work. They told me that my car would be done by 4pm, the LATEST.

4pm...It's not done yet. We will call you when it's done. 6pm...Not done yet. 8pm...I go down to the Pep Boys shop. They are closing, and are telling me that my car will not be done til the next day, 5pm, the latest. I ask them why they are having an issue with my car, and why in the HELL is it going to take 36 hours to fix my car..."We dont know why we are having issues."...OK. Deep breath.

Next day...5pm, on the dot, I go down to get my car. "$990.00 please!"...WTF?!?!?

"You owe us for the storage and labor fees!" MY ASS I DO! It was not my fault that they couldnt fix my car in the alloted time. Needless to say, bill was brought down to $540.00.

....It gets better.

EVERYDAY SINCE, my car has overheated, gone into the red, and leaked coolant.

FINALLY, I feel unsafe enough to drive my car, I call Pep Boys today, to say that they havent fixed my car properly. They offer to take a peek. I told them that I will not be responsible for the cost of further repair since the initial repair wasnt completed. They simply stated, "We cant guarantee that..."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2012 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/Waterbury-Connecticut-06705/Pep-Boys-Tried-to-take-advantage-of-me-because-Im-a-WOMAN-SHOTTY-WORK-Waterbury-Conn-937597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys

#1 General Comment

I have a problem with your report

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

Undoubtedly they have messed this up.

But at 8 pm as they closed you were mad because the guy you were talking to didn't know why it was taking so long.

The problem with that is that unless he is the same fellow you talked to when you dropped your vehicle off you were unreasonable to expect him to know what was keeping things, it was also likely that the Mechanic working on your car finished his shift hours before so the poor guy had no one to ask. So venting about that just makes you look insensitive and ignorant about the situation.