Complaint Review: Pep Boys

• Reported By: Brent S. — Eureka Illinois
Pep Boys
Internet USA

Pep Boys Horrible online service Internet

I recently purchased a rebuilt starter online. The part itself arrived in time and appears to be of reasonably good quality. My frustration began with the core return. When I submitted the core return info online as instructed to get the RMA and shipping label, the site tanked and didn't provide it. I attempted to contact customer service had to wait on hold 30+ min for a rep who apologized and told me the site was having problems and the label would be emailed as a PDF in 2 business days. It wasn't. So I call again after a few days and endure another 30 min of hold music before I can request the label, which I received the next day. I sent in the core return and a month later still don't see the core charge credited to my credit card although FedEx tracking shows the part was received. Another 30 min of hold music before I am told that, yes, the part was received but for some reason the core charge wasn't refunded.

PB: "We'll have to check with finance but they are closed now. We will contact them tomorrow."

Me: "How will I know when they reply?"

PB: "We will contact you."

Me: "When can I expect that?"

PB: "By Friday. We will call."

Me: "Please send an email, as well."

PB: "Ok."

Friday comes and goes. No phone call. No email. So I call again on Saturday. Only have to endure 5 min of horrible hold music this time. Lucky me. Am told by the rep he will check with his supervisor and call me back. The saga continues..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2014 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/internet/Pep-Boys-Horrible-online-service-Internet-1170135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys