• Report: #1120211

• Updated: Sat, February 01, 2014

• Reported By: Joe — LENOIR CITY Tennessee
Pep Boys
106 Market Place knoxville, Tennessee USA

Pep Boys misleading information regarding repairs and unethical business practices knoxville Tennessee

I went to Pep Boys to have my tires rotated and service tech at the counter wanted to check my brakes. I told him to just rotate my tires. Mind you, my Honda Civic had only had 21,000 miles on the car and the brakes were certified by the Honda dealership.When I was called over the intercom to let me know my car was ready,the service tech said I needed some maintenance work on my car. He suggested new tires,fuel filter,wheel alignment and brake fluid flush. The service tech lied and said I had 35,000 miles on my car, when I actually had 21,000 miles. I argued about the mileage to no avail. What Pep Boys was doing was trying to say my car had 35,000 miles which was 35,000 kilometers so they can say I need scheduled maintenance work. Now, what really got me upset is Pep Boys service tech in the shop peeled off my oil change reminder on my window. I come to the conclusion that Pep Boys was trying to hide my actual milelage on my car to do scheduled service. I would recommend going to a Better Business Bureau accredited automotive repair and tire service station.Pep Boy is not with the BBB. I recommend to stay away from Pep Boys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2014 10:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-Boys/knoxville-Tennessee/Pep-Boys-misleading-information-regarding-repairs-and-unethical-business-practices-knoxvi-1120211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep Boys