Complaint Review: Pep boys

• Reported By: Shunda — Macon Georgia
Pep boys
1230 Eisenhower Pkwy Internet United States of America

Pep boys Unexceptional pricing and WRONG PART Nightmare!!!! Internet

I'm new to Georgia and was having car trouble on Saturday.  I slowing drove into Pep Boys and was advised by them I needed a Control Arm.  I was given a 641.10 quote which was itemized (Labor 448.59, Parts 93.24, other 90.29, tax 8.98) 641.10.  I called around and found a mechanic who towed my car from Pep Boys 55.00, the part Pep Boys said needed replacing was incorrect and the part the new mechanic purchased was 36.90 and he charged me 200.00 to fix my car- total 291.90. And since I'm not from Macon I was not aware of the horrible reputation Pep Boys, Macon had.  Everyone in whom I mentioned this horrific  ordeal ALL said ... "Never go there!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pep-boys/internet/Pep-boys-Unexceptional-pricing-and-WRONG-PART-Nightmare-Internet-1043473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pep boys