Complaint Review: PepBoys Auto - Tallahassee, Fl

• Updated: Wed, June 29, 2011

• Reported By: Don — Tallahassee Florida United States of America
PepBoys Auto - Tallahassee, Fl
2353 Apalachee Parkway Tallahassee, Fl, Florida United States of America

PepBoys Auto - New Parts Switched - Paid For Munroe Shocks, Got KYB Tallahassee, Fl , Florida

I went to PepBoys Auto  in Tallahassee, Fl, April 19, 2010.  I asked them to replace the rear shocks with Monroe Shocks.  On approximately May 8, 2011 I experienced noise from the left rear area and took it to Big Ten Tires where I saw that the shocks I had on my car were KYB, not Monroe.  I have the bill of sale on  shocks from Pepboys that is dated  4/129/2010  that  reflects that I paid for Monroe Shocks.  I immediatedly went to Pepboys and told them I had dicovered the different brand and that I wanted them to fix the problem.  The service manager that day told me  they were indeed not Monroe shocks but they were a 'sister' company and they were the same shocks.  He said they  do that with other parts as well and he actually offered to show me a supply shelf where they had other parts that were from a 'sister' company.

That was enough to back me off for a while until I researched it.  After getting back from vacation, I took my vehicle to Suntires in Tallahassee today ( JUne 29, 2011) where they removed the KYB  shocks and put on Monroe Shocks as requested.  I also recieved a written witness  statement from Suntire that the shocks they took off my car were KYB.  The assistant manager at Suntire told me he didnt think KYB was a 'sister' company to Munroe.  He then called his part supplier to confirm and the part supplier told him absolutely not.

My specific compaint was that I bought and paid for Munroe Shocks and did not recieve Monroe Shocks.  And, Pepboys refused to fix the problem and instead offered me a flimsy sister company excuse.  I believe this is  a deceptive practice, if not criminal.  I would advise   people avoid Pepboys, at least in Tallahassee.  I am in the process of filing a  claim in small claims court in Leon County Florida and will also write a letter to the State Attorney in the event there are other complaints like this on file.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2011 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PepBoys-Auto-Tallahassee-Fl/Tallahassee-Fl-Florida-32301/PepBoys-Auto-New-Parts-Switched-Paid-For-Munroe-Shocks-Got-KYB-Tallahassee-Fl-Flo-746836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PepBoys Auto - Tallahassee, Fl