Complaint Review: PepBoys (auto)

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 23, 2008

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
PepBoys (auto)
Hollywood And Gower Blvds. Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

PepBoys (auto) scammed me for a flat tire Los Angeles California

When I ran over a nail and got a flat tire I called AAA and the tow truck told me to go to PepBoys. He inflated the tire for the short drive and I went there. The employees treated me with extreme rudeness (I am an old lady) and made me wait for a long time. The man at the counter told me to come back in an hour and that a new tire would cost $56. plus labor. I came back in an hour, signed for my car keys and left. The next day my tire was flat again. THEY HAD CHANGED MY ALMOST NEW TIRE, KEPT IT and when I complained tried to bribe me into buying another tire. They did NOT give me back the good tire they had removed and said they didn't have it anymore. I noticed the same tow truck parked in their lot and could imagine the kickback scam, but that's another story. Well, the "manager" told me he would not make good on their mistake and tried to get me to go away by offering me another tire for half price. I said no and he said "$25?" I told him I was going to call a friend on the police force to settle the matter and he said he would make good on the problem. When, after another long wait, my car was ready, he made me sign a paper for my keys and showed me a line with "$00." on it. He said there would be no charge, but when I got home I saw another page behind it with a $25 charge. It's one thing to be conned or scammed by an oily lying employee looking out for his dumb work crew, but it's another to be treated like a patsy who is an easy mark for a cheater! I will not only blab this story to everyone I meet, but I will also warn my students who are currently studying auto mechanics to stay away from such a place where they prey on customers by making money by morally reprehensible behavior!

La writer
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2008 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PepBoys-auto/Los-Angeles-California-90068/PepBoys-auto-scammed-me-for-a-flat-tire-Los-Angeles-California-302747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PepBoys (auto)