Complaint Review: Pepboys Auto Parts

• Updated: Mon, May 30, 2005

• Reported By:Kennesaw Georgia
Pepboys Auto Parts
Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Pepboys Auto Parts Pepboys Auto Parts Rebate Pepboys Auto Parts Scam ripoff mesa Arizona

Apperantly large companies tend to make these rebate schemes the norm. I've sent rebates with Best Buy and have never had this problem. I will no longer purchase anything with COMPUSA.

My spouce sent in a rebate that the Pepboys cashier pointed out to him. He read everything carefully and submitted as requested. Two months roll around and the rebate is not received. May we receive the notice the item not qualifiying for the March rebate offer. I was going to let it go, it was just $5. But after discovering that the company is the same as the CompUSA rebate submission company, I will have to react.

The trend is to scam the customer to purchase the product and then avoiding the rebate. The company usually ends up winning. I can imagine that some people don't keep copies, others may not want to spend any more time on it, and the rest must be annoyed by the complete process. I am disgusted in the rebate deceptions occurring.

I discovered that the address used by PepBoys and CompUSA is the same. I have yet to discover the name of the company that processes rebates. Once I do I will report them to all the appropriate business organizations.

Ana
Kennesaw, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2005 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pepboys-Auto-Parts/Mesa-Arizona/Pepboys-Auto-Parts-Pepboys-Auto-Parts-Rebate-Pepboys-Auto-Parts-Scam-ripoff-mesa-Arizona-144454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pepboys Auto Parts