desperate

• Updated: Wed, December 21, 2011

• Reported By: Dipak Shah — Edison New Jersey United States of America
Pepboys
518 old post road Edison, New Jersey United States of America

Pepboys Pepboys - Edison store Not only damage my car but also not giving my car back the way I gave it to them Edison, New Jersey

*Author of original report: Resolve after escalation and Store Manager involvement

This is about Damage to my Car and poor very poor) service quality and about not returning my car as promised.

Sunday - Dec12th2012

8:50am EST - Called in Pepboys and described my need for repair and asked for the estimate. Estimate was given for 2 hour labor charges and guaranteed repair for today which I required.

9:25am EST - Visit Pepboys store and checked in my Car - after discussing the service repair again now estimate is increased to $79 more which I agreed because Service manager still guaranteed the repair today

3:57pm EST - Call from Pepboys technician TOM (732-248-4404) and suggested some more repair and now price is $220 more which I agreed and Tom promised that Car will be done today for sure

4:33pm EST - Call from service Manager and now Price is $55 more which I agreed because car can be repaired for sure today as she promised

5:40pm EST - Visited Pepboys store - guess what?

CAR WAS NOT READY - she asked to wait for 45 minutes more in the store because store closing in 10 minutes and
they locked the store so I go out, I can't come in.

SO me and my wife waited.

6:30pm EST - Service Manager asked me to join her to the work area where my car was getting repaired. She informed me that the part I bring in the morning is wrong. Other technician also talked to me that strut is also not good. My car's both front tire was on the ground and it seems that they really started working on my car just an hour ago. The coil print was broken and not only that some other part also broken which I don't understand.

ONE THING WAS SURE THAT I AM NOT GETTING MY CAR BACK TODAY.

We went back to service manager desk and now she is not sure how much it cost me to fix the car and not sure even when I will be able to get my car back. She will TRY to call me tomorrow (Monday Dec-19th) before 11am EST to give me
an estimate but she again promising that car will be ready by tomorrow which I highly doubt.

So not only I am not getting my car back but they are charging me for the damage they made.

Price was changed 4 times already by now and no estimate given to me. Oh ya, she told me that it's my fault that I have the wrong part which I request to check in the morning. It's okay if they didn't' checked but at the time of giving my car back they checked my part? and it's my fault for everything happened here?

Monday - Dec-19th-2011 - Received a call from Pepboys and they are asking for $235 more in order to repair my car and I don't have an option to my car back without repair. Called Pepboys headquarter and left a message to Tim Brown who
is suppose to be operations manager. Also talked to Riyab at Customer care and she mentioned that someone from Edison store will get back to me in 48 hours...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2011 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pepboys/Edison-New-Jersey-08817/Pepboys-Pepboys-Edison-store-Not-only-damage-my-car-but-also-not-giving-my-car-back-the-811213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pepboys

Resolve after escalation and Store Manager involvement

AUTHOR: Dipak Shah - (United States of America)

Issue resolved with help of Pepboys Management - operations Manager Tim Brown and local store Manager  Jo. They reduced the bill for labor and repaired the car finally.