Complaint Review: Pepboys

• Reported By: Sixto — West Palm Beach Florida United States of America
Pepboys
800 N. Military Trl. Golfview, Florida United States of America

Pepboys Pep Boys Auto #370 Frivolous they called it Golfview, Florida

Hello - I am a Handyman and due to the current economy, am struggling to survive and working 7 days a week.

I purchased 6 new tires 1 year ago from Sears, and since then one of the tires went bad due to my Van needing an alignment (which is not covered in warrantee). I go to Pepboys for the new tire, and they installed it in the back (where my Van has 4 in the back).

One month after they installed the tire, I was driving on the highway, and the van started to shake violently. Luckily, I was near a Sears tire center, where I found that the other 3 tires were basically destroyed. The Manager stated that I was very lucky to be alive!.

The Sears Manager pointed out to me that Pepboys had installed a Tire that was much larger than the ones already there, and that this caused the tire next to it to barely touch the pavement causing it to rapidly wear and subsequently cause the other two to also go bad. He also contacted Pepboys to see how they wanted to proceed (they argued with him and I - denying resposibility.

I had to purchase 4 new tires, lost 2 days of work, and only got the money back for the tire I purchased at Pepboys. This even after speaking with several managers and sending emails. I am now saving up money to take them to court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2011 06:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pepboys/Golfview-Florida-33415/Pepboys-Pep-Boys-Auto-370-Frivolous-they-called-it-Golfview-Florida-749140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pepboys