• Report: #205194

• Submitted: Wed, August 09, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 15, 2006

• Reported By:modesto California
Pepboys
1340 Mchenry Modesto Ca. Modesto, California U.S.A.

Pepboys Auto bought a motor have 3 year warrenty in 7 month the motor started to nock had my machaince check it out took motor back they ship it out they took motor apart wanted me to put it together Modesto California

*Consumer Suggestion: Need more info

i bought a new motor at pepboys auto in modesto ca in 7 month the motor started to knock so i took it to my mechanic who is certified to check it and when he did he. he called me and told me the motor was no good i still had three year warrenty the motor cost me $2000 dollors which i pay cash. i took the motor back and they told me they had to ship it out so they can have it check i did't like it because how will i know they check it they could of say it was my fault. they said they had to so they could cover there ass it's been sin july 1 2006 and we are in august. the last time i talk to them they check the motor they said nothing was wrong with it i talk to the manager and the person that check the motor they said nothing wrong with it i said good send it back so i can put it back in the car. but the guy that check the motor well he call me back and told me the motor is not runable he said i had to buy part for it he said i just take them apart but i don't put them back together so i said i don't want it i want my money back they told me i don't know about that ever since that day i have not heard nothing they have never try to contact me or nothing.i just know one thing i'm out of 2000 dollors and no motor had to buy another motor for my car because pepboys auto could'nt work with me. I WANT MY MONEY BACK YOU RIP-OFF......................

Rene
modesto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2006 02:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pepboys/Modesto-California-95350/Pepboys-Auto-bought-a-motor-have-3-year-warrenty-in-7-month-the-motor-started-to-nock-had-205194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pepboys

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Need more info

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

1.I guarantee it was not a NEW motor for 2,000. It was either a remanufactured or a reconditioned.
2. Your post is extremely hard to follow? Did you take the motor out and bring it to them? Did Your mechanic take the motor out and give it to you to bring to them? Did Pep Boys take out the motor and send it back to the manufacturer?

Need more details about your problem so I can hopefully provide some helpful feedback.