Complaint Review: Perdicto.com

• Submitted: Sun, July 12, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, September 29, 2009

• Reported By:glendale New York
Perdicto.com
predicto mobile.com Glendale, New York U.S.A.

Perdicto.com Predicto hijacked my daughter's phone (which i pay for) and was charging her 9.99 without either her knowledge or mine Glendale New York

*Consumer Comment: Charging new customers because they got same same cell numbers as previous subscribers.

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service Is Here To Assist You

I was paying my daughter's tmobile bill when I was told that I had to pay 30 dollars extra. I was to find out that three scam companies ( predicto, fun mobile and mobile messenger had charged my account 9.99 per month) this is the amount that i usually pay per month for my daughters sidekick bill that she only uses to surf the net and text.

I was given their number by tmobile to call each company. predicto came out with the same lies saying that she registered but she didnt . they will send me a refund check in the mail for the 20 dollars that they stole from me. the other two companies fun mobile only allowed me to unregister for their service but no one ans the phone when i called them. and mobile messanger just had me leave a message.

considering the state that our economy is in. i find it reprehensible on the part of such companies as predicto.com to steal from hard working people like myself. I don't know how they go to bed at night and sleep soundly knowing they are ripping off every tom, dick and harry out there.

Eagle9
glendale, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2009 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Perdictocom/Glendale-New-York-11385/Perdictocom-Predicto-hijacked-my-daughters-phone-which-i-pay-for-and-was-charging-her-468816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Perdicto.com

AUTHOR: john_SanFrancisco - (USA)

Dear Predicto Customer service rep,

Did you present your apologies to hundreds of thousand subscribers who are represented in the class action against Predicto Mobile LLC started on 9/17/2009 in Eastern District of Michigan for such little things as common law breach of contract, unfair or deceptive business acts or practices, tortuous interference with a contract, or unjust enrichment?

You can read the whole file at http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/09/18/Alltel2.pdf

For information, you don't need to use your cell-phone to get scammed. Buying a new cell phone may get you charged $9.99 per month (or more when you get multiple subscriptions) to Predicto because the cell phone number you get is a 'recycled' phone number.

'Recycled' phone number means that your new cell-phone number previously belonged to a subscriber who for any reasons (moving or avoiding Predicto Scam) decided to drop her old phone number.

Recycled cell phone numbers may have lot of contracts attached to them. Usually cell phone companies send lists of these cell phones to providers like Predicto to clear them from any contracts.

A class action was filed on 09/17/2009 against Predicto Mobile LLC in the Eastern District of Michigan (http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/09/18/Alltel2.pdf) for charging new cell-phone users and ignoring the lists sent by Alltell (Cell-phone company) who send Predicto updated lists of 'recycled' phones to clear from any contracts.

According to the document, Predicto just ignored lists of canceled cell-phones provided by Alltel but also Verizon, T-mobile, Sprint, and others cell-phone providers.

Predicto just transferred their billing to new subscriber: its simple your cell phone get billed before then Predicto keeps billing after.

To my understanding any subscriber who subscribed to any cell-phone company who has a Predicto contract dated before they get their cell-phone contract is entitled to a full refund including past due interests.

Hundreds of thousands subscribers are affected. More information at http://news.findlaw.com/andrews/bt/tel/20090922/20090922_pratt.html

A new class action needs to be prepared for actual unauthorized billing without previous contract on cell-phone. We may have to hurry as I do not know if there will be enough money left to pay us.

This scam affects particulerly kids and elderly: if you have old people living in your communinity, help them to check their bill and get rid of this $9.99/month Permium text messaging.

So please, spread the words and the links.

Customer Service Is Here To Assist You

AUTHOR: Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like to address any concerns you may have. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-360-0518 so that we can resolve your inquiry; you can also contact our customer service at http://predicto.com/support or by sending an SMS message with the word HELP to 654654. Keep in mind, we post our toll-free customer service number on our website and include it in SMS messages we send to your cell phone.

Please note we use an industry best practice double opt-in to prevent inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups. To enroll in our service, a prospective member must first submit their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains our terms and conditions including the monthly price of the service and billing to the cell phone. We then send a text message to their cell phone which again discloses the essential membership terms. They then must correctly enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation SMS message from their cell phone to activate the account. The double opt-in process and clear disclosures ensures a high level of consumer protection and satisfaction. If a member wants to cancel the service, they can simply text stop to 654654 or call Customer Service or go to http://predicto.com/support.

We hope this addresses any concerns you may have; if not please contact us and we'll take care of your issues.

Sincerely,