Complaint Review: Perfect Origins

• Updated: Fri, July 04, 2014

• Reported By: C. Gordon — NY New York
Perfect Origins
Internet USA

Perfect Origins by Dr. Charles Livingston D.C. refused to honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee 60-day return policy Internet

I ordered the LivLean Formula #1 (90 day supply) & also the Perfect Omega TG (90 day supply) online on Sunday 4/27/14.  I paid $322.44 including s&h.  I did not receive the products in the mail until Tuesday 5/6/14.  There is proof of the date I received it because I had to sign for it.

I started using the product the same day I received it & followed the instructions listed in the emails.  About 2wks afterwards, I started noticing edema in my legs & ankles.  It subsided after 2wks but then came back again.  I went to see my Dr & brought the supplements with me.  After getting the results of my blood tests, he recommended that I stop taking it.

This product did not work for me & I followed everything to the letter.  On Thursday 6/26/14 I called the company to request a refund since it had only been 50 days from the date that I started using the supplements & they state that there’s a 60 return policy. [continued below]....

.....

When I called, a recording stated that I was the 1st caller in line to be helped.  After waiting on hold for 28 minutes, a recorded message came on & said "all representatives are busy, leave your name & number then someone will call you back within 24-hours".  I was shocked & upset that I would have to leave a message after waiting on hold for so long but I did as instructed & clearly left my name & number but never received a return phone call.

I called back again the following Thursday 7/3/14.  After leaving a message at 9am & again at 1pm (waited 25 min on hold), I finally was able to speak to a live person when I called back a 3rd time at 3pm after holding for 19 minutes.

I was told they would not give me a refund because the "policy" pertains to 60-days from the date of purchase.  I asked to speak to a Manager because the website does not specify purchase date or date that the product was received.  Furthermore, when I called last wk Thursday, that was indeed 60 days from the date of purchase but no one returned my call & I have my phone record to prove that I was on hold with their company for 28 minutes.

The manager proceeded to argue with me & continually restated the same thing about their "company policy" to only give refunds if a customer wants to return products within 60 days from the date of purchase.  I asked her name & she told me it was Whitney.  She refused to give me her last name stating that she was the only person named Whitney who worked for the company.

This company is a scam & I think their supplements are actually water pills because of the reaction it had on my body.  I'm relatively healthy & in shape individual.  I just wanted to use this to enhance my health by detoxing but it had an opposite effect on me.  Their website clearly states that Perfect Origins wants its customers to be "completely and perfectly satisfied" and that's why they give a "60-day money back guarantee".

If they want you to try the product for 60-days then the guarantee should be from the date the product is received by the customer, not from the date that a customer orders the product.  Also, if they want to make that rule about order date instead of date of receipt then they need to post that in an obvious place on their website where it can be clearly seen & understood by the customer.

Lastly, they need to stand behind their return policy by having agents available to assist customers who call.  The 1st time I called; I waited on hold for 28 minutes then had to leave a message.  After I left the message, I called right back & pressed option 1 for purchase instead of option 2 for order inquiry.  As soon as a pressed option 1 a representative came on the line quickly & was ready to take my money & process my order.  I explained to her that I was just on hold for 28 minutes after pressing option 2 & she apologized but said there's nothing she could do to help me with my return because that was a separate department.

This company is a scam that wants to take your money quick fast in a hurry but slow to respond when it comes to returning your money.  They don't stand behind their 60-day money back guarantee & hide behind "so-called" loopholes.  I refuse to be shafted & lose my $322.44 & have therefore disputed this charge with my credit card company.

I told Whitney (the manager) that I was going to dispute the charge as well as file a notice with the better business bureau & her response was nonchalant & in a smart-alek tone of voice just said "ok" before hanging up.  I'm posting this here on rip-off report so that hopefully someone will see it before they make a purchase from perfect origins because this company is a scam!  I made an impulse buy after watching their video.  Had a taken the time to do my research & saw all the negative comments about this company online, I would never have ordered it in the 1st place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2014 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Perfect-Origins/internet/Perfect-Origins-by-Dr-Charles-Livingston-DC-refused-to-honor-their-100-satisfaction-g-1159541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Perfect Origins