Complaint Review: Perfection Roofing (& Sub Contractor Tim Rutley)

• Submitted: Tue, March 17, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:Victoria British Columbia
Perfection Roofing (& Sub Contractor Tim Rutley)
1705 Oak Shade Lane, Victoria, BC V8S 5L9 Victoria/Oak Bay, British Columbia Canada

Perfection Roofing & Sub Contractor Tim Rutley (Fiddler Roofing)Perfection Roofing (& Sub Contractor Tim Rutley) This roofing company does not pay there sub-trades. Very bad PR. Home owners beware. Victoria British Columbia Victoria/Oak Bay British Columbia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Perfection Roofing siding, as well as his subs-contractors are not to be trusted

I only worked for this company for two weeks under a sub-contractor named Tim Rutley and the thanks I got for working was to not get paid and completely ignored as far as phone calls go. I have left many, many messages on cell phone (when it isn't full, which seems to be always). Tim did say that he would be in touch to pay me but then never comes through or completely ignores my calls and I have had to resort to this rip-off report.

I have been a roofer for 20 years and I have never seen such incompetent workers. They are disorganized, working with broken down tools and nothing works properly. None of them know what they are doing. Sure, the roof looks good when done, but I know that a roof inspector would fail the roof inspection causing it to be redone due to poor workmanship.

The sub-contractor Tim Rutley has yet to pay me for the work that I provided and will not return my phone calls. He has also stolen my tools.

Home Owners Beware ... this company is not what it says it is!!!

Do not work for this company - they will rip you off in no time flat.

Brad & Kevin
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2009 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Perfection-Roofing-Sub-Contractor-Tim-Rutley/VictoriaOak-Bay-British-Columbia-V8S-5L9/Perfection-Roofing-Sub-Contractor-Tim-Rutley-Fiddler-RoofingPerfection-Roofing-Sub-435227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Perfection Roofing (& Sub Contractor Tim Rutley)

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Honesthardworker - (Canada)

For one, his Sub contractor that I worked for "Loring Bros Roofing", Lawrence is supposed to be his name, totally ripped me off. Yeah, I got one cheque for 548 dollars for one week, and he also did not pay 149 dollars of overtime that is owed. After that he is now over due on what he still owes me for the last two weeks, 901 dollars. He continues to avoid my calls. Also he had no Licence, or truck. I had to run him and his tools all over(no extra, when he promised)

The guy doesn't even know what he is doing, his metal flashings are not flush against the curb on sklylights, they are bent outwards. His capping looks like a snake, and he just lays shingle upon shingle when going up a valley,Making like a 4-5 inch step-not caring to cut more off more of a shingle(if/when required) to make a bigger step. He just wants to "go go go", and yet he went on and on how I was slow. Well at least my work doesn't look like garbage! I am not slow, I am thurough.

Even after getting a talking to from WCB at a jobsite from not wearing our harnesses(we couldn't since Lawrence didn't even have any roofs brackets). He still continued to not be tied off to the roof. I had to constantly remind him. Even on the dangerous job listed below. Shouldn't it have been the other way around? SAD

The last job it started to rain on us before it was water tight, my harness was snagged, Lawrence was getting antsy, I unhooked my harness and said "ok I gotta be careful here" scooting along the ridge 27 feet up with slipperly underlayment on one side, and shakes on the other, and an impaling spear headed cast iron fence on the bottom-Lawrence says "come on we gotta go, rain damn, rain damage" I said "ummm what is more important, rain damage, or safety?" Him and his stoner buddy say in unisin "rain damage", I then say "so rain damage is more important than someone falling and getting injured, maybe killed?" 'huh huh yeah" Wow, idiots..

Also, on that job, he told us to throw the old cedar shingles in the neighbor's driveway, even without her consent. Which ended up with us damaging/wrecking her flowers/garden(didn't take care to put anything over them for protection)

Now for Russ, of Perfection Roofing. This guy is what he says, he told u to call him/think of him as a "retard". For the reason that we would never assume he always had the correct ammount of materials, and because he said stupid things. The last job I worked on, mentioned above, the morons didn't even MEASURE THE ROOF, ORDER THE MATERIALS, and bin until half way through tearing off a 7 square, 9/12 cedar tear, re-sheet with rainy weather looming over head....

Me and Lawrence worked a 12 hour day and Russ said "Now you're working as hard as me" hahaha yeah right. He also did call me stupid just because I didn't know what he was talking about right away, one time.

He brings possible customers by jobs, one time showing where it is just the Matrix underlyment material on the whole piece, and says Ice And Water Shield is going to be put on the bottom later. When it isn't, he is just lying! Lawrence didn't care either. Russ stated to him that he wanted to make something out here in Victoria, like a life, but he doesn't deserve one, nor does Lawrence!

I have more experience in roofing than both of these clowns put together. It is sad to see these two making more money than me, when they are scamming, ripping people off, and really have no passion at all for roofing. All it is about is the money! They sacrifice willingly; quality, for production! Russ, may go on and on saying how it will be perfect, but that is just to sell the job.

Well, thanks for reading all of that, and I am really sorry to anyone else that has had to deal with these people. It is unbelievable....