institution

• Reported By: Ebony — san antonio Texas United States of America
Performance Auto Glass
1602 Melissa Sue san antonio, Texas United States of America

Performance Auto Glass Auto Glass Repair san antonio, Texas

*General Comment: Do you have a mind of your own?

*Author of original report: Why they are a bad company

*Consumer Comment: why a bad company?

My driverside window had stopped working about 2 months ago. I looked into a few companies and ran across this company. I contacted them for repairs, they charged my credit card $175 for the process which was to take place the next day before I had to be at work.

I waited for the workers all day and called them continously. I had to go to work. They called me while I was at work and told them that they had to come to my job to do the repair on my window. When they got there they asked me for the part that I had to purchase myself, I handed it to them and they fixed the window.

About a month later, my window stopped working again, since I had a warranty with this company, I called them to fix the window again. I was told the problem was with the part I had purchased (brand new) and that I should go where I purchased it to get a new one, he was nice enough to say he would come and look at it for me.

I waited for him to come look at it, I called with no answer, I have called this company and it seems they have my number saved under do not answer, my window is still not fixed...be careful with these guys

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Performance-Auto-Glass/san-antonio-Texas-78228/Performance-Auto-Glass-Auto-Glass-Repair-san-antonio-Texas-973749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Performance Auto Glass

#1 General Comment

Do you have a mind of your own?

AUTHOR: morbid - (United States of America)

You can't blaim them for your stupidity, No auto glass company warranties customer parts period, It doesn't matter if you were refered where to go and buy it yourself....

You bought this from a junkyard is my bet, because I know for a fact auto glass distribution places will not sell products to the public (they are not retailers).

Its pretty clear that they warranty there workmanship and the answer to this would be.....had you just bought the part and service from them they would have warrantied the part to...

If they told you to jump off a cliff would you have done it?

Why they are a bad company

AUTHOR: Ebony - (United States of America)

Actually, I was informed by the company to buy the part, I was told where to go and which brand to get, so, I did as I was told so therefore, yes the company was at fault. If they knew that the part they requested me to buy would default, they should have told me to get a different brand

why a bad company?

AUTHOR: mike - (United States of America)

So far it sounds like they have helped you out. Most glass companies including the one i work for will not accept customer purchased parts for this very reason. A customer will buy a cheap Chinese part from ebay we will install it and a day later it breaks. In the customers head it cannot possibly be the fact that they bought a cheap/wrong part so it has to be the glass.