Complaint Review: Performance Recovery, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, April 01, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 01, 2013

• Reported By: JedPro — Sacramento California
Performance Recovery, Inc.
333 N. Canyon Pkwy, Ste 100 Livermore, California United States of America

Performance Recovery, Inc. PRI Tax Lien Scam Livermore, California

I too received a call out of the blue from Performance Recovery, Inc. (PRI) on a Thursday morning at work telling me that they were attempting to collect back taxes on behalf of the State of Louisiana for a year when I never once stepped foot in the State of Louisiana, and were going to levy my bank accounts on the following Monday unless I agreed to give them the entire amount they claimed I owed immediately - nearly $9000.

When I recovered from my astonished shock at this revelation I demanded written proof of the claim they were pursuing, but they would not send me anything. They said I would likely receive something in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks about the claim.  I have contacted the State of Louisiana to find out if there is truly a tax claim, but have not been able to get any confirmation of such a claim.

I faxed PRI tax documents and bank statements [on a long ago closed account] sent to my home address in California for the year in question to prove I did not live or work in Louisiana, but have not been able to get an acknowledgment from Performance Recovery, Inc. that they received the documents and would agree to stop their collection activity.

It's shocking and outrageous that this company contacts people threatening grave financial consequences unless you pay them immediately.  I would be happy to join anyone else out there to pursue a remedy against PRI.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Performance-Recovery-Inc/Livermore-California-94551/Performance-Recovery-Inc-PRI-Tax-Lien-Scam-Livermore-California-1039804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Performance Recovery, Inc.