Complaint Review: Periodicals Magazine Company

• Updated: Tue, August 05, 2014

• Reported By: Kristi K — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Periodicals Magazine Company
P.O. Box 1950 Hamilton, Montana USA

Periodicals Magazine Company Complete RIPOFF Robbed Me of Money Hamilton Montana

The same scam happened to me as all the other reports.  I received a call on my cell in 2012 that I could enter to win a lottery and pay a $66 fee for magazine description.  I thought that wasn't a bad price and assumed that was a year subscription.  I don't recall AT ALL consenting over the phone to pay $66 per month for 2 years!!!  I also never received or found the letter they sent explaining I only had 3 days to cancel this!  So when I called, like all the other victims, they said there was no way out of the verbal contract and I could lower to $33 per month.  I said ok not knowing what else to do, thinking I must have consented to this and not remember???

So after several months I switched my credit card and they started calling me to get payments.  I decided I wouldn't pay them since they scammed  me in the first place for magazines I didn't want and certainly can't afford!   So they eventually stopped calling.

A YEAR LATER, Collections calls me saying I owe them $199.  I was scared to be in collections and ruin any credit so I settled at $150 with them and stupidly paid them.  I'm so angry at all the money I gave them for  service I didn't want in the first place!   This company should be sued and shut down for their scams.  Can someone help me fight to get my money back?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 06:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Periodicals-Magazine-Company/Hamilton-Montana/Periodicals-Magazine-Company-Complete-RIPOFF-Robbed-Me-of-Money-Hamilton-Montana-1167446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Periodicals Magazine Company