Complaint Review: Periodicals

• Submitted: Sat, May 21, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, May 21, 2011

• Reported By: Zachary — Chico California Virgin Islands (US)
PO Box 1950 Hamilton, Montana United States of America

Periodicals Magazine Services Periodicals out of Montana, a friendly thief from the Mountain Time Zone Hamilton, Montana

First of all I have to hand it to the company for trying to seem legitimate, they indeed do that when they called for the first time.   By offering magazines for "lower than cover price" and by also dangling a "free"gift in front of you this company has continued to rip me off.  I originally wanted to see any sort of listings to what magazines they would offer before I would purchase anything.  Yet, they sent me subscriptions to magazines that they believed I would be interested in and since I live in a some what rural area they sent me magazines about Off Road trucking, Field and Stream Hunting and gathering, Rolling Stone rock and roll entertainment and all for the cost of $29.30 a month.

Now if you add up the cost of each magazine (cover price) that cost more then the amount that they said I would be charged, basically $1 for each magazine.  In total I am not sure as to how much I have paid the company since I would have to go back to the beginning of last year (in which I will after this report), but I know that they have charged me $395.54 from December to the present date.

I have not received a "free" gift and I have not received any listings as to what magazines they supply and I have not been able to contact a manager every time I have called.  The company is open M-F 9am-5pm Mountain Standard and I will be making my final call on Monday this next week.  I have also contacted the Bank that I bank with, which is also some what of a fraud corporation as well and I should not mention their name, but they are not able to do anything except maybe make a claim to get my cash back through fraud notification.  Either way if I get my money back and close my account with the bank I have been screwed and I am embarrassed to have trusted a company that presents itself as a friend when they have reached into my pocket, almost literally, and took what I have earned to pay more important bills.

If I could press charges against this company for fraudulent account transfers I would, but I'm sure that that would cost money and I wouldn't gain anything in return.  I will definitely be returning any magazine that I have from them and with it a notice that people will know about their friendly and fraudulent ways of stealing from customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2011 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Periodicals/Hamilton-Montana-59840/Periodicals-Magazine-Services-Periodicals-out-of-Montana-a-friendly-thief-from-the-Mounta-731852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Periodicals