notable

• Updated: Mon, December 23, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Bristol Virginia
PerkStreet Financial
409 Silverside Rd Wilmington, Delaware USA

PerkStreet Financial The Bancorp Bank Misleading Advertising, Poor Customer Service, Holding money after account is closed Wilmington Delaware

*Author of original report: Resolution.

*Consumer Comment: You were way out of the loop.

This bank has non-existant customer service. They had been great up until December of 2013. I lost my debit card and my account was comprimised. I called the customer service number that on their website claims they have a 24/7 Live service and that if you have a question to call they are always open. I called five times between 12/6 and 12/8 and only got a message that the department was unavailable. So much for the live 24/7 service.

I went online and discovered the bank had a online form to close your account. So I did so.

Last Friday my direct deposit did not get changed like it should have so by error the money was sent to the perkstreet account. I e-mailed thier customer service deparment and got this response.

PerkStreet Financial ceased all business operations on September 26, 2013. This email address is no longer being monitored. [continued below]....

.....

If you are a former PerkStreet customer, please direct all account related questions to the issuing bank responsible for your account. Contact information is provided below:

If your PerkStreet debit card number begins with ****  or your account starts with ***:

Please contact The Bancorp Bank.

Phone: 866-792-2834

If your PerkStreet debit card number begins with *** or you account starts with ***:

Please contact Provident Bank.

Phone: 866-680-7768

Very suprised that a bank could still be functioning but "all business had ceased" I asked my companies payroll company to run a trace on the funds to see if the bank had by chance regected the funds. The trace showed the funds deposited. At that point I figured out that I need to e-mail The bankcorp bank. I did so at the e-mail above. And have not gotten any type of resolution. All I want is my paycheck so I can buy christmas presents for my family. If I have gotten no resolution by January 2nd I will be filing a claim with the federal reserve, better business bearu, and will be seeing my lawyer about this issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2013 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PerkStreet-Financial-/Wilmington-Delaware-19809/PerkStreet-Financial-The-Bancorp-Bank-Misleading-Advertising-Poor-Customer-Service-Hol-1109454. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PerkStreet Financial

Resolution.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

Everything has been resolved.

You were way out of the loop.

AUTHOR: Crucible - ()

Perkstreet announced their intention to close way back in August.   Since their official closing in Sept. you have been doing business with one of the banks that provided back-end account services to Perkstreet.   Either Provident or Bancorp.    When Perkstreet ceased operations, your account automatically transferred to the servicing bank.   You have an active account at one of those two banks and that's where your money went.   I would suggest calling the servicing bank directly to get info on your account.