Complaint Review: Permanent Makeup by Tatiana Biesty

• Reported By: TM — New York New York
Permanent Makeup by Tatiana Biesty
481 East 3rd Ave New York, New York United States of America

Permanent Makeup by Tatiana Biesty Unsafe and Unprofessional New York, New York

I have had permanent makeup done many times (4 x eyebrows, 3 x top/bottom eyeliner, 1 x full lip) via several excellent technicians around NY and never had a negative experience... until meeting Tatiana Biesty today.  I should have known that any credible tattoo cosmetician would ever have to resort to offering an eyebrow fill for just $119 but I was  seduced by the low Groupon price.  Plus, I figured that all permanent makeup artists have to be licensed by NY Dept of Health so they are all basically competent and safe, right...?

WRONG!!!  Tatiana is not only the most unprofessional and downright belligerent "cosmetician" I have ever met, she does not follow even basic safety/cleanliness protocols!   I fear for all the Groupon tattoo newbies that she may have attracted due to the cheap price who won't realize how at-risk her methods are.  First, she spends no time establishing any background:  allergies to numbing products, prior experience, use of blood thinners/pain relievers etc.   Not a big deal for me since I already know this stuff but important for first-time clients.  Secondly, she made it clear she was in a big rush because she had booked her clients too closely together... made worse  as I was 10 mins late due to the fact her website has an old Manhattan address listed.  (BTW, her current location is in a sketchy little room at the back of a gym located in project housing in Kips Bay.)

So, clearly she wanted to speed me along which is perhaps why the next egregious thing happened...  during all 8 previous times I have had permanent makeup applied, the technician applies the topical numbing agent BEFORE breaking the skin.  I became concerned that within a 90 secs of lying down on her table, she told me she had to "open up" my skin to allow the numbing agent in.   WTF??!  While she is scraping the crap out of my skin, I tell her this is unlike all my other experiences which clearly annoyed her.  (It wasn't until I got home that I realized she was in such a rush to get me out of there, she wasn't just "opening up" my skin, she was really already starting to apply the first sweep of pigment!)  Then I ask why she did not at least prep my eyebrow area or otherwise ensure some basic level of cleanliness and I guess that was one too many questions for her... she starts screaming "If you don't like this, why don't you go somewhere else?" and "Good luck getting your money back - I already redeemed your coupon!"

I decided to take the opportunity to quickly get away from this incompetent imbecile holding a needle 2 inches from my eye.  The kicker came just as the door was closing and I hear her babbling "You are a COWARD!!  Don't come here if you can't handle getting a tattoo!!"   We exchanged some choice words but there is no point to trying to talk to someone with a clear anger management issue.  Maybe in her native Russia or other charming places (like prisons) they do tattoos her way.  But in the good ol' US of A, we have these little rules about the way people can administer needles and enter agents into your blood stream.  So, needless to say, I will be filing a consumer complaint against her with the Dept of Health so my unfortunate experience will not be yours.

Satisfactorily, the nice folks at Groupon immediately refunded my money within minutes of hearing my story.  I am hoping that for those of you that have not yet redeemed this deal, please see if you can get a refund from Groupon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2013 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Permanent-Makeup-by-Tatiana-Biesty/New-York-New-York-10022/Permanent-Makeup-by-Tatiana-Biesty-Unsafe-and-Unprofessional-New-York-New-York-1038139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Permanent Makeup by Tatiana Biesty