Complaint Review: Perry's Shoe Shop, Inc

• Updated: Fri, January 28, 2011

• Reported By: boulderite — boulder Colorado United States of America
Perry's Shoe Shop, Inc
1711 15th Street Boulder, Colorado United States of America

Perry's Shoe Shop, Inc George Perry George Perry of Perry's Shoe Shop threw away the boot I left him to repair, promised to replace, went back on his word. Now out boots! Boulder, Colorado

*Author of original report: Dates: Events occurred in 2011 not 2010

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. If you want good service and want your shoes to return to you, DON'T GO HERE.

This has got to be the rudest shop in town.

I went to pick up my boot on January 19th, 2010 after leaving it with the owner of the shop, George, on December 10, 2010. I left it for a simple zipper replacement. Well, they could not find my boots, the ladies behind the counter were throwing shoes around trying to find my boot, raising their voices at me because I didn't have my ticket (which makes no sense at all because the ticket only has the dates and my name, which I gave them), and saying that they "didn't have time for this". During this nightmarish customer experience, I asked the owner, George, what would happen if he could not find my boot. He said in front of store of customers and employees, that he would "replace" them if he could not find them.

That evening he called me and told me that he thought he THREW THE BOOT AWAY. That he left it in a bag to dry out and that it must have gotten thrown out. He told me to buy the boots and that he would reimburse me. I have this recorded on a voicemail.

I called him back and told him that I could not afford to purchase them at the time and asked him if he could do it for me and have them shipped to me. He agreed. At no time during our discussions was price discussed. He offered to replace them. Period.

These boots are only made in small quantities for the winter season and I was only able to find one place online that had them. They retail for $149 and were on sale for $119 plus tax, so I called him up and sent him the link to purchase. He told me that he was "busy" and could not get around to it until Wednesday. By Wednesday they had sold out, so I sent him another link to an online store that I found had the boots in stock for $149, retail price. I did not hear back from him. So I wrote him on January 28th to please send me the receipt for the purchase so that I may have it for my records, to which he replied,

"I was happy to replace your boots if the price was reasonable. I thought $120 was more then fair to compensate for your boots. The boots were not new, the zipper was broken so to ask us to replace your boots for $150 plus shipping is very unreasonable. We will be sending you a check for $120 to the address you listed below which, is more then fair considering how old the boots were and in the condition that they were in.

Perry's"

So the owner, George, who confirmed his new action plan over the phone with me, was now going back on his word to replace a pair of boots that had been worn for snowfall only for a period of 3.5 months MAX.

So now I, the *customer*, is being penalized for their mistake. His unprofessionalism and failure to take responsibility for his actions is truly appalling, and it's hard to believe that he would quibble over $30. How am I to *replace* a $149 boot with $120 due to his ineptitude????

As it stands, I am now to contact the Better Business Bureau to seek resolution, to which he replied "go ahead", and I am out a $149 pair of winter boots. CUSTOMER BEWARE!

****To the moderators, I have evidence of all of the above to support my claims.****

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2011 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Perrys-Shoe-Shop-Inc/Boulder-Colorado-80302/Perrys-Shoe-Shop-Inc-George-Perry-George-Perry-of-Perrys-Shoe-Shop-threw-away-the-boot-688093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Perry's Shoe Shop, Inc

Dates: Events occurred in 2011 not 2010

AUTHOR: boulderite - (United States of America)

Just fixing the dates and to clarify: The owner has not replaced the boots, nor given me any money to replace them.

impressed