Complaint Review: Personal Antivirus Software

• Updated: Tue, July 28, 2009

• Reported By:Mount Vernon Indiana
Personal Antivirus Software
Internet U.S.A.

Personal Antivirus Software I tried to download games (free downloads at gamevance.com. I clicked and it started downloading. All of these warnings appeared Trojan viruses, Worm viruses etc. Told me the only way to get rid of these was to buy Personal Antivirus. I ran Norton Antivirus and the error messages kept coming until I purchased and ran the Personal Antivirus. I was charged $99 for lifetime Personal Antivirus. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Simple way to fix your computer

Dowloading gamesvance.com. viruses started attacking my laptop as per Personal Antivirus.

Ran Norton Antivirus. Personal Antivirus said Trojan virus, worm virus and several other viruses were still attacking my machine.

Message after Norton Antivirus ran, viruses still attacking and taking all passwords and personal information from my machine. I needed to purchase Personal Antivirus.

I did for fear of my PC being hacked. Took me for $99 for a lifetime Personal Antivirus. My PC hasn't been running correct since that moment. I purchased it Saturday the 25th of July.

Mount Vernon, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2009 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Personal-Antivirus-Software/internet/Personal-Antivirus-Software-I-tried-to-download-games-free-downloads-at-gamevancecom-I-473964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Personal Antivirus Software

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Simple way to fix your computer

AUTHOR: Patrick - (U.S.A.)

Sad to say you have been ripped off by an unscrupulous company. You actually did not get viruses or trojans. You simply got a malicious program that fakes virus alerts in order to get you to buy this useless software.

Immediately go to this link and follow the instructions:

Once you have gotten rid of Personal Antivirus, you should be OK. If your computer is brand new, it might be a good idea to go ahead and use the recovery CD and do a total reinstall. And if this ever pops up again (my laptop has been hit twice so far), simply start your Malwarebyte program and check for updates, then do a full scan.

Also, if you used a credit card for the purchase, contact your CC company and file a dispute (hurry, you only have 60 days). If it was through a debit card, contact your bank and see if there's anything they can do.

It might also be a good idea to cancel whatever account you used for the purchase and open a new one. No telling what these people might do with your account information.