conductor

• Submitted: Mon, January 08, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 08, 2007

• Reported By:dallas Texas
Personal Voice
3665 East Bay Drive Box 215 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Personal Voice, Published deceptive web site that debited a friend's phone bill. Refused to acknowledge account cancellation Largo Florida

I was a house-guest of a friend, using her computer. I accepted a "Free" offer of some type ( I can not now remember what it was ). I provided my friend's phone number as a contact number for myself. At the end of the transaction, I was notified that Personal Voice was going to bill my friend's telephone account for a voice mail service.

I immediately E-Mailed them and told them I did not own the telephone number, and that I did not want their service. I told them in no uncertain terms to cancel.

There was no response to this E-Mail, and in December my friend's telephone bill had a charge for $12.95 for a voice mail service that was never activated or used. Both my friend and I called Personal Voice to cancel and get a refund. I spoke with a customer assistance person who promised a refund and issued me Tracking Number 2116380.

Several weeks later Personal Voice mailed me a form to fill out explaining why I wanted a refund. I did this, and returned it in the mail.

This month (January, 2007) My friend received an additional $12.95 charge to her phone bill. Again, we both contacted Personal voice by phone. She dialed 1-800-736-7500 and was promised another form would be mailed to her because they had no record of receiving the one I sent.

I called 1-800-997-9656 and was connected with an obnoxious man who would only identify himself as "Chris, #156". "Chris refused to discuss a refund, and refused to admit that I had cancelled the account at the very beginning. He also claimed to have no record of the refund form I had returneed to them.

I asked to speak to his supervisor and was told that he was the supervisor.

This company used unethical methods of obtaining business commitments by hiding their hook in some unseen corner of a web site. There was no indication to the average person that there would be charges made to a phone bill.

Compounding the error is the slow and obstructionist method they use in dealing with dissatisfied customers. The promised a credit and issued a tracking number only to allow the billing to continue while they played cute with a silly form.

This whole episode is ridiculous. This company exibits the absolute worst in business ethics. It borders on fraud. I want my friend's phone bill credited with the ful amount of $25.90 and I want these sharks investigated.

Kenneth
dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2007 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Personal-Voice/Largo-Florida-33771/Personal-Voice-Published-deceptive-web-site-that-debited-a-friends-phone-bill-Refused-t-229442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Personal Voice