Complaint Review: Personal Voice

• Submitted: Wed, August 22, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 22, 2007

• Reported By:Alameda California
Personal Voice
3665 East Bay Drive, Box 215 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Personal Voice ripoff Fraudulently changed by long distance service on my AT&T account refused to refund charges Largo Florida

A charge from a company called "The Billing Resources" with a phone # of 800-296-8079 appeared on my AT&T phone bill. I had not changed my plan. I called AT&T and was told to call the 3rd party. When I called The Billing Resources number they said it had been changed online (not by me!) and said they would send an affadavit letter and for me to request a refund of $13.92 x 2 for a total of $27.84 since the new monthly charge would also appear on my June bill (which it did). I received a letter form from them to complete which I did and mailed on 5/26/07. Nothing heard or refunded to date. I called today and was told they mailed me a letter in June (which I never received) stating they would only reimburse only for one month. Since I never received the letter & returned it nothing happened. I had to threaten legal action and twice asked to speak to the next supervisor/manager up. The last person I spoke with was the Manager of Customer Service named "Jennifer" Rep #1945. Her tune changed and suddenly was able to tell me the amount of $27.84 would be credited to my AT&T bill by August 31st (this Friday).

It was obvious from speaking first with "Sedarian" (sp? - a man) & then Nicole Byanc in the Credit Refund Dept/Customer Service Center they didn't care about my refund & weren't willing to do anything really to help. They wanted me to re-send the June letter I never received & they'd "think about it". When I asked them to confirm where they would re-send the letter they couldn't tell me even though I had just given my name and address to them. The only letter I received from them in May was addressed to 'RESIDENT RESIDENT' at my address. When Nicole tried to state my address it was totally wrong (probably why I never received the June letter). When I asked Nicole who regulated their company in Florida she responded "we do".

This company, in my view, is blatantly fraudlent in their activities and has no intention of refunding money unless someone really squawks. We'll see - I don't have my money back yet.

The AT&T Rep I spoke with indicated they have problems with this company all the time but their hands are tied due to PUC policies. I have placed a password on my AT&T account now.

August 22, 2007

Impossible
Alameda, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2007 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Personal-Voice/Largo-Florida-33771/Personal-Voice-ripoff-Fraudulently-changed-by-long-distance-service-on-my-ATT-account-ref-269446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Personal Voice