Complaint Review: Personnel Concepts

• Submitted: Wed, November 10, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 02, 2012

• Reported By:Weymouth Massachusetts
Personnel Concepts
San Dimas California San Dimas, California U.S.A.

Personnel Concepts ripoff Official looking compliance letters San Dimas California

*UPDATE Employee: Regarding Personnel Concepts

*UPDATE Employee: RE: Getting FREE Posters online

Just a general report/warning regarding mailings by these companies and others.

These are private companies that send out letters to people that appear to be from an official govement agency(ie: irs,DIA, DET, etc.) Often times the outside of the envelope will include:

"Open immediately"
"Imediate Compliance Requested"
Logos with eagles etc.

Example:
Today I received a letter from the above referenced company that said my business was not in compliance with federal laws that require me to hang posters in my office regarding unemployment rights & benefits for my employees. They instruct me provide my credit card information and that they will send me the required posters(for a fee). It states failure to do so could result in fines of up to $20,000. I know it's a scam, and it's probably legal(very careful wording) but it's wrong, it's deceptive. These companies rely on trickery and scare tactics to sell their products. I get this crap mail all the time and it's obvious to me it's a scam, but I hope others do not get tricked into buying from these deceptive companies.

I hope that the above is articulate enough for people to understand, just trying to help out. Thanks.

Meredith
Weymouth, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2004 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Personnel-Concepts/San-Dimas-California/Personnel-Concepts-ripoff-Official-looking-compliance-letters-San-Dimas-California-117128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Personnel Concepts

Regarding Personnel Concepts

AUTHOR: Kim Howell - (United States of America)

No Personnel concepts does not force any one to buy the posters because you cannot force any one to buy anything. They do however, hound you and make you feel as though you are out of compliance when you are not. Even if I was out of compliance now I would never use these people. Our company used them because before me, prior administration believed what they told them instead of investigating everything as I do. I do not like liars and I do not like people hounding me after I said NO. I think I can handle checking for updates rather than sending these people the amount of money we have been sending them for years. I am also reporting them to the better business bereau. That is all I have!

RE: Getting FREE Posters online

AUTHOR: dryze - (United States of America)

Personnel Concepts is never forcing anyone to buy posters from them.  They only call existing customers who purchased a poster or subscription and let them know about the recent mandatory change.  Calls are only made when there are mandatory changes and that the poster needs to be updated immediately,  Yes you can get these posters for FREE from the internet however you need to keep yourself updated with the changes by regularly visiting the government website which is very time consuming, with loads of information from the government website not all of them are required to be posted, only 40% percent of them are required to be posted.  Plus the Government doesnt have any obligations to notify you just in case there are recent changes, so it's for you to find out by regularly visiting the site and/or going to any government agency just to check for updates.  Changes occur 3-4 average per year.  Personnel Concepts immediately notifies businesses about these mandatory changes via phone call  /  mailers,  if there were no changes at all I dont see any point why they call.