Complaint Review: Personnel Concepts

• Submitted: Mon, February 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: Mary — San Diego California U.S.A.
Personnel Concepts
3200 E Guasti Rd # 300 Internet United States of America

Personnel Concepts Harrassing and deceiving, Internet

*Author of original report: You highlighted one problem

*UPDATE Employee: RE: Fines

I made the huge mistake of ordering compliance posters for my business from this company because it was convenient even though a little more expensive then going to an office supply store.

A few months later I received what looked like a huge fine from the government for not having the latest compliance posters.  When I read the VERY FINE print I find it's a solicitation from Personnel Concepts I almost paid the bill that was a around $400.00 (to Personnel Concepts)

After I realized what they were doing I of course cut all ties and never ordered through them again.  Then the phone harassment started.  They tried to get to me (the owner) by saying that I had an account with them and that they were calling about my account.

I consider what they do harassment and stalking. Ordering anything from them EVER was a mistake that turned into a nightmare of almost daily harassment letters in my mail box and calls to my cell phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Personnel-Concepts/internet/Personnel-Concepts-Harrassing-and-deceiving-Internet-845362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Personnel Concepts

You highlighted one problem

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

You just hit on one of the big problems with this company. The employees don't listen to the customers, in this case you didn't read what your customer had to say.   Please reread the complaint.  This is what I said

"A few months later I received what looked like a huge fine from the
government for not having the latest compliance posters.  When I read
the VERY FINE print I find it's a solicitation from Personnel Concepts I
almost paid the bill that was a around $400.00 (to Personnel Concepts)"

My complaint is that this company sent a solicitation that was intentionally made to look like a very serious government fine.  If LOOKED just like a  fine and a bill....your company knows this because it added in very very fine print that it was a solicitation.   Because you hit on this issue I will scan the next letter I get and the reader can decide for themselves what the intention was of this letter.

Does it not bother anyone at this company that all over the internet you can see complaints like this?  go to Yelp to see more....  any positive messages about this company?  not really.

I own a fairly successful company and have for many years and so the following is free advice for the management of this company  (assuming you want to stay in business)  This is what I would do if this were my company....

I would close the business down for a week of retraining... Call everyone into a meeting and inform them that this is the computer age and bad business spreads like wildfire (a fire you can never put out).   I would  delete all letters or emails that look like a threat.  I would pull all of the solicitors off the phones immediately (everyone hates spam and phone solicitation, you would have to be in the stone ages to not understand this)  I would put the phone solicitors on customer service (after customer service boot camp).  Each employee would be told that their job depends on every customer leaving every conversation happy.... PERIOD!

RE: Fines

AUTHOR: dryze - (United States of America)

I find it hard to believe that you get fined after purchasing a poster from Personnel Concepts.  The 'We Pay the Fine Guarantee' of up to 17000 / 25000 is always highlighted and mentioned during the sales call in the event the company failed to update you with a poster.