Complaint Review: Pet Amber Alert

Pet Amber Alert
68-19 53rd Drive Maspeth, New York United States of America

Pet Amber Alert I have just been scammed! Maspeth, New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Company Responce

Someone gave me a link to the AmberPetAlert website saying they could help me find my lost dog.   I completed all their forms, giving them my name, address, phone numbers and credit card information.  After they charged me well over $100, everything just disappeared and I was taken to a box asking me if I wanted an "upgrade" for, of course, even more money. I said No, and was taken to a chat box, so I went on there and asked them what exactly I had just paid for, and would they be sending a confirmation to my email address.  The icons didn't work, but produced another icon asking if I would like them to call me.  When I chose that, a message appeared saying "Mark" was calling me, and my phone started ringing from 303-532-1840, ID "Unknown."  When I picked up, all I got was a recorded message saying their office was closed and that they would be getting back to me.  When I called the number back, I got a recorded message saying "that number is no longer in service."  That's when I knew I had been scammed.

Obviously I should have come here first.  Lesson learned.  I just wonder how many others have been preyed upon at a time of real distress and desperation.  There is a place in Hell reserved for predators like these.  I will now cancel my credit card charge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pet-Amber-Alert/Maspeth-New-York-11378/Pet-Amber-Alert-I-have-just-been-scammed-Maspeth-New-York-818044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pet Amber Alert

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Company Responce

AUTHOR: Mark - (United States of America)

PetAmberAlert.com is the #1 lost pet recovery service in the US, serving over 500 pet owners every month.

Is pet amber alert a scam? Absolutely Not!

Just ask any of our previous clients, we post their phone numbers for reference! http://www.petamberalert.com/reviews

Just ask any of our 30,000+ Facebook fans! http://www.facebook.com/petamberalert

Just ask ABC, CBS, NBC or even FOX news! They have all profiled the success of the service on national TV!

Here is a CBS news clip from just last week

Is sounds to me like you are not very computer savvy, most likely your internet connection went out after placing your order.

PetAmberAlert.com has an official toll free number that is never out of service.

1-877-875-7387  Pet Detectives are standing by from 9am to 11pm daily