Complaint Review: Pet Food Direct

• Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: Ellegee — Blaine Maine United States of America
Pet Food Direct
Harleysville, Pennsylvania United States of America

Pet Food Direct Grossly out-of-date large bag of dog food delivered Harleysville, Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: From PetFoodDirect

In October 2012 I received a large bag of dog food from Pet Food Direct that was torn and soaked by what appeared to be blood. Thinking it was a bizarre, isolated accident, I did not publicly complain but accepted a replacement. Today I opened a bag that I ordered on February 6, 2013 and for which I paid $64.49 and found a bag marked "Best by 10-4-12" meaning that Pet Food Direct had sold me dog food probably approaching a year and a half old!

Since this was the SECOND danger their food would pose to my dogs in just over 4 months (out of date dog food can become rancid and form cancer-causing free radicals, as Tina, the supervisor at Pet Food Direct with whom I spoke agreed), I refused their offer of a replacement and will never buy anything from them again.

In addition, I have retrospectively filed a complaint on Ripoff Report regarding the first incident (including a photo of the bag) to alert pet owners that Pet Food Direct appears to be repeatedly endangering the pets of their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pet-Food-Direct/Harleysville-Pennsylvania-/Pet-Food-Direct-Grossly-out-of-date-large-bag-of-dog-food-delivered-Harleysville-Pennsyl-1014229. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pet Food Direct

From PetFoodDirect

AUTHOR: KLange - (United States of America)

Good morning -

I work for PetFoodDirect and wanted to let you know that we are taking your reports very seriously. I have shared this information with my team, and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure this remains an isolated incident. The happiness of our customers - and their pets - is extremely important to us, and I'm very sorry to hear that we let you down on two occasions. We do appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.