Complaint Review: Petco Animal Supplies

• Submitted: Fri, September 22, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, September 22, 2006

• Reported By:Holtsville New York
Petco Animal Supplies
401 N. Service Rd. Patchogue, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 631-289-7240
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Petco Animal Supplies Bad fair employment practices, bad animal care Patchogue New York

I am a former employee who was passed up for promotion several times due to the new district manager, who was hiring all her former employees from her previous company. Then, I was promoted to a lower position, and was left answering questions for the new managers with no experience in animal care, one with no retail experience at all, he also a friend of the district manager.

After dealing with the inadequate skills of my "upper management," I began getting told by the general manager still at the store, not to worry about the animals, and try pushing sales on the customers instead. Funny how the slogan of the store is, "..where animals come first."

The final straw after many infractions from the general manager, including sexual advances, racist actions, and sexual preference comments, was when I discovered in the time system to which I had access, my time punches had been changed. I was not the only person to have this happen to. Any manual changes are coded in the system in red, management cannot bypass it.

I decided to report this action to human resources, who told me they did not find any evidence of this action, and offered I return to work under this same manager.

Finally, I called the labor department and was told unless I had proof, there was nothing they could do. Being as I no longer have access to their computers to give proof of time changes, even though I had dates written down, they refused to go to the location and audit. Thanks noone!

Steven
Holtsville, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2006 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petco-Animal-Supplies/Patchogue-New-York-11772/Petco-Animal-Supplies-Bad-fair-employment-practices-bad-animal-care-Patchogue-New-York-212288. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petco Animal Supplies