Complaint Review: Petco

• Updated: Wed, July 27, 2011

• Reported By: Cynthia — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
4801 McKnight Rd Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

Petco Scanned prices higher than advertised prices Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

The last three times I have visited this store their scanner has charged me the wrong price. The first time it happened I just let them correct it and didn't make a big deal out of it although I was surprised that they didn't have a policy to address it other than make the correction.

The second time was two weeks ago. I was purchasing a dog harness and was charged $11.99 instead of what the display said which is $9.99. I made a bigger stink but they didn't really seem to care at all about what I was saying. I immediately called customer service before I even left the store.

Customer service is located in India and all they do is take down you complaint and tell you that someone will return your call. Needless to say, no one returned my phone call.

Not really wanting to return I felt I had no choice since I am new to the area and my cat can only eat one brand of food. I was forced to yet again patron this store. I bought 14 cans of cat food, 7 flavors, which were all priced differently. The clerk noticed and properly scanned the items individually. Some cans are supposed to $1.39, some $1.49 and others $1.59. This has always been the case with this brand of cat food. Of course their scanner charged me the higher $1.59 for each can.

Again I had to wait for someone to head to the back of the store to check and see if I was correct. Again, I was correct. However, the power went out so I couldn't make my purchase. The staff seemed incapable of handling my complaint of this happening every time I come. They offered no recourse or a district manager phone number. I was left with having to call India again. So I emailed them on their website but I am sure they will not respond in any way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2011 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petco/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15237/Petco-Scanned-prices-higher-than-advertised-prices-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-757155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petco