Complaint Review: Petco

• Updated: Sun, September 11, 2011

• Reported By: fedup — California USA
Petco

Petco Warehouse return scam Internet

Petco.com does not honor its published return policies. I purchased a very large, very heavy bird cage, which was shipped in three boxes weighing a total of 250 pounds. One of the boxes contained parts for an incorrect product. Just figuring out the problem, manipulating the enormous heavy boxes, and then resealing them was difficult enough. When I contacted Petco by phone I was advised to write the reason for the return on the packing slip, except that the packing slip was nowhere obvious and I hadn't located it while the boxes were open. I asked if they could email me another copy. No, that wasn't possible because the packing slip was generated by the warehouse. The foreign phone rep didn't dispute that I should be able to return the item. She just had no authority to deal with the missing piece of paper! Finally she agreed that I could print out the order confirmation and tape it on the outside of one box and indicate the reason for the return, and she agreed to arrange for FedEx ground to retrieve the three boxes on a specific date. I moved the three boxes to my front walkway early on the appointed date and came home at the end of the day to find them still there. In fact they are still there a week later. I have emailed Petco customer service three times and have received NO response whatsoever. Of course Petco already charged me more than $700 for this item. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. Meanwhile I continue to climb over three enormous boxes every time I leave the house and one of these days it is going to rain on the boxes. Petco has a lock on pets supplies locally, but I will NEVER buy anything from this unscrupulous outfit again. They should not be offering online services when they apparently have no capability or willingness to complete a return. They do not deserve my business or yours!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2011 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petco/internet/Petco-Warehouse-return-scam-Internet-775470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petco