Complaint Review: Pete Kitts Auto Sales and repair

101 bennett road CAmillus, New York United States of America

Pete Kitts Auto Sales and repair Pete kitt Scam artists CAmillus, New York

*Consumer Comment: Different Experience

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Our side of the story

These guys are idiots, they first off... Went over my money limit. I told them I only had 700 to play with, they said ok. Then I go to get my car and its 900+ dollars of work. I was angry but I paid it, thinking they did what I paid for. Then come to find out that they never put my break clips on THAT I PAID FOR. So I went back, and they claimed they didn't know "the breaks had clips on them". They have been in business somehow for 40 yrs, yet they didn't know...right. So they put the clips on then try charging me 40 bux for that work, even though I already had paid for it WHEN THEY DIDN'T DO IT. I refused to pay it and now they want to take me to court for 40 bux, that I have no reason to pay to them, they are scammers. Even their mechanic said the owner is an "expletive" and that he knew about the clips.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pete-Kitts-Auto-Sales-and-repair/CAmillus-New-York-13031/Pete-Kitts-Auto-Sales-and-repair-Pete-kitt-Scam-artists-CAmillus-New-York-963672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pete Kitts Auto Sales and repair

Different Experience

AUTHOR: B.A. - ()

I am very surprised to hear about the experience this client had with Pete Kitt's and I would like to offer a different perspective.

I have been working with Pete Kitt's for the past several years, and I have been very satisfied with the services they offer. They helped me search and buy exactly what I was looking for. After the sale, they have made sure I was happy with the car I bought, and have provided timely maintenance for it. I would recommend them to anyone searching to buy a used reliable vehicle, and anyone in need of car repairs and advice.

I also know that Pete Kitt's has been in business for over 50 years, and I am sure this fact alone speaks for itself. I understand that sometimes things happen, and lack of communication may lead to misunderstandings.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Our side of the story

AUTHOR: Pete Kitt - (United States of America)

We take all complaints seriously and seek fair and reasonable solutions to them.   To accurately respond to this persons complaint we reviewed our repair orders, notes, and invoices for the car.  We also spoke with the technician who worked on it.

Our notes indicate that this customer was price conscious.  They also show that he was kept informed of costs during the repair and that due to the age and mileage of the car, rust was an issue in the repairs, and that the customer was made aware of the costs involved because of it.

The car is 14 years old with 175,000 miles on it.  It should also be noted that prior to having us look at the car, it had been to other shops who could not resolve its problems.

The brake clips in this complaint are metal clips that reduce rattles when braking.   They have no affect on operation, safety, or function.  These clips were not on the vehicle when we received it and we did not include them it the repair.

Our repair invoice CLEARLY shows that we did NOT bill for the clips.  This person is absolutely mistaken if he believes he was charged for them.   We encourage him to review his invoice to confirm this and to contact us if he finds otherwise.

When this customer later complained about a noise in his car, we diagnosed the noise at NO COST to him.  As a customer service, we even offered to install the clips at NO CHARGE if he paid only for the part.

He agreed to this, but then refused to pay for it after the repair was completed claiming he had no money with him.  He further said that he would return to pay the agreed cost.  Instead, he simply refused to pay at all.

Interestingly, the complaint observes that we have been in business for over 40 years.   We are proud to be one of a very small handful of businesses who can say this.  We believe that this speaks for itself.   We regret any misunderstanding with this customer and accept that we could have done a better job communicating with him.

We feel that it is that it is unfortunate that  this person has chosen to renege on the agreement that was reached and instead has chosen to spread anonymous misinformation, insults, and truths about our business rather than discuss his concerns directly with us.