Complaint Review: Peter J. Hamlett

• Updated: Sun, April 25, 2010

• Reported By: P. J. — Richland Michigan United States of America
Peter J. Hamlett
10615 Wildwood drive Richland, Michigan United States of America

I just booked (as we have used our Award points for years for Air travel) a flight from Grand Rapids, Michigan to Los Angeles using my old Visa card (use to be by North West Airlines) for a flight on Delta Airlines flt #2819 thru Minn, Minn on June 4th.  The amount of Award points used thru my old card cost me 20,000 points for round trip coming back on Flt#2068 on Tuesday June 8th.

I tried booking the same ticket on my American Express / Delta air card and they were asking 40,000 points for the same exact ticket.

Delta and American Express is ripping off the Consumer and all their customers for the same Dollar for points redemption program.  I also tried booking Two tickets way out in October for the Same exact flight and that was also 40,000.

I just spoke to Delta customer service who was rude and did not care or put me thru to a supervisor, as they should have.

Let everyone know, the American Express Card is a Rip as since I started using it again since the merger of North West and Delta Air - I have found the same old complaint.  Hotels and Resturants and other services who will not accept it.  SO you have to carry your Visa to cover yourself when this happens.  I am telling Everyone to Drop American Express as they are screwing the user for twice the points to get award travel.  I have it all documented as of today April 25 - 2010.  I told them the card being put to rest.  Will see if their marketing is as good as they claim.

Please pass the word.  The points program is a complete rip off.  PJ

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2010 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peter-J-Hamlett/Richland-Michigan-49083/Peter-J-Hamlett-PJ-HAMLETT-ASSOC-POINTS-RIP-OFF-BY-PARTNERS-OF-AMERICAN-EXPRESS-AND-596470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peter J. Hamlett