Complaint Review: Peter Jason Helfrich

• Submitted: Wed, January 19, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, January 19, 2005

• Reported By:Brockport New York
Peter Jason Helfrich
129 Pease Rd Spencerport, New York U.S.A.

Peter Jason Helfrich Ripoff Illegally uses my image to sell greeting cards on the web Spencerport New York

In the summer of 2003 the above listed individual (who was a friend at the time) asked to take a picture of me and said he would make it into a greeting card for my girlfriend. I naturally obliged. A few months later, we had a falling out because he was verbally and sexually harassing a family member of mine. Other than writing false and malicious reports about me on this website (as well as all the magazine subscriptions he has signed me and my family up for posing as us), I have not seen or heard from him since.

Today while I was surfing the web to see the works of amateur artists, I noticed on a website called Lulu.com that he is tryiong to sell the card with my picture on it! Further more, this jerk got it copyrighted!

I have looked up the laws concerning this violation to privacy and it is a felony in New York State to use someone's picture for exhibition or sale without a written model's release! He also has for sale a picture of an ex-girlfriend of his and her friend dressed in Hawaiian fatigue. If anyone knows the names of these young women, please contact them and give them the info listed on this report.

I have left messages on 2 attorney's machines tonight and hopefully will get to meet with them by this weekend. I have also emailed the webmaster of Lulu.com and told him about this. It is listed in their terms that all photos of private people must be put on with the model's consent. Any violation to their rules will result in the loss of Lulu.com membership and could be referred to by the authorities (which I'm hoping).

I will update this report next week.

Brockport, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2005 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peter-Jason-Helfrich/Spencerport-New-York-14559/Peter-Jason-Helfrich-Ripoff-Illegally-uses-my-image-to-sell-greeting-cards-on-the-web-Spen-128087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peter Jason Helfrich