Complaint Review: Peter Langdon

• Submitted: Mon, May 12, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, June 30, 2014

• Reported By: captianamb — southampton Other
61 Warren ave Shirley, Other United Kingdom

Peter Langdon warren computers Sold 2 faulty laptops and refuses to refund Shirley, Southampton Hampshire Hampshire UK

*Consumer Comment: Phone call

*Author of original report: Thank you Siasta - (USA) for calling me this morning to work things out.

*Consumer Comment: Peter Langdon

*Author of original report: March 10th 2015 @ 7PM- weird internet stalker popped up today.....

*Consumer Comment: James Arthur Willis Fern my german property Zittau

*Author of original report: Peter, you are acting very strange.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Peter langdon

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Peter langdon

*Author of original report: I dont understand his rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Peter Langdon

Peter Langdon advertises his services on Gumtree thus:

"Watch out for people who deliver free take your money not see them again I Only sale from my home and give 14 days return if you get a fault

Laptop from £80 perfect working order wi-fi dvd 2gb memory 15" screens software loaded ready to use

20 laptops in stock as from 20/4/2014 most are 1.6 ghz 80gb hard drives dvd 15" screens working perfect with power supply perfect screens xp office loaded wi-fi ready for use welcome to view and test coverd by 14 returns if faulty

5 notebooks in stock windows 7 2gb memory 150gb hard drives from £70

Photos just for adverts stock changes every day

Duo core 2gb memory ibm dvd windows 7 office etc power supply plug in and use

if you don't wish to buy then don't phone or email me plus dont ask about spec and what makes i have to much to state or list just phone to view

How many sellers list there address and land line number

61 Warren ave
Shirley Warren
SO166AH

Phone First Dont just turn up as its my home not a shop"

I can say though he is a complete CON ARTIST at least in my experience, which I will outline.

I turned up at his house/shop (his front room is set up as a shop) and looked at his laptops. I finally settled on a 64 bit laptop. With all the promises of return it if there is a problem, its my house etc. I decided to make the purchase.

A few days later into its use and I noticed the palm rest area of the laptop was peeling. I did not consider this enough of a problem to return a £70 laptop, so I just removed the offending hanging off plastic.

Then it started playing up badly. I thought that there might be a problem with a virus etc. so I reformatted and reinstalled windows. It made no difference, it got slower and slower until it just was unoperable. It would run, then freeze, then run, blue screen, etc. It appeared to be a dead FSB or material motherboard fault.

I returned it to Peter who made a massive fuss about the condition of the palm rests. I pointed out that they peeled off by themselves, and in any case, the palm rests were not the reason for my return.

He then pointed out that I had voided my warrantly by reinstalling windowws. I said how does the operating system reinstallation make a difference to a hardware error. He said 'you dont buy a car from a garage, change the engine then come back for a warranty repair'. I pointed out that this was a stupid comparison as software is not hardware and an engine is hardware.

He then told me that he had NEVER had a laptop returned ever in 'all his years of selling laptops' However he reluctantly said he would look at it.

The next day he conceded that it was a hardware error. I asked if he would recover my data. He said no but he would sell me another laptop. First he tried to say he would give me TEN POUNDS for the laptop I returned and wanted again another £70 for another laptop. I said this was stupid. Eventually he said he would take £30 or I could 'sling my hook' and take back the dead one.

In desperation I agreed- what choice did I really have. He conceeded to give me the hard drive out of the other one as he would not recover the data- 'its too difficult to recover files off my desktop' he said. ''They are all just shortcuts not the actual files'. At this stage I quickly realised that actually this guy is a complete chancer who knows nothing about PCs. When i pointed out to him the files were on 3 folders on the desktop he said 'listen mate its too complicated to explain you cant just recover files off a desktop' and this is where he conceded to give me the hard drive so I didnt loose the data.

Today I went to use skype and the microphone port on this laptop is dead. I emailed Peter and asked his advice. He said the following:

"The only help i got for you is ebay sale usb sound ports with mic for £2 no futher help from me i told you when you brought it there no return or help dune my best to help you

Peter"

AKA as, get lost I am not going to help you.

In conclusion- BEWARE. the guy obviously will NOT honour his gurantee, apparently I am the 'only return he has ever had' so by statistics he has honoured his warranty 0% of the time.

and when you try to take advantage of his whole 'its my house etc' routine he just laughs at you. What are you going to do? he laughed and asked me, 'go ahead report me to trading standards I dont care' and more laughs.

I am £100 down and have just a broken laptop to show for it. Try not to make the same mistake that I did and save your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 05:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peter-Langdon/Shirley-Other-SO16-6AH/Peter-Langdon-warren-computers-Sold-2-faulty-laptops-and-refuses-to-refund-Shirley-South-1145833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Peter Langdon

Phone call

AUTHOR: ventimiglia - (Bulgaria)

I have spoken by phone this morning to the person being discussed in this report. As a follow up to the phone call and to comments left by user "siasta" (a colleague of mine) I wish to state the following:

Whatever issues may have lead to the filing of this report (laptops) has no relevance to comments posted by user "siasta". I  have no reason to doubt the integrity of the person being discussed, over the only existing business which I am aware of (the sale of property in Germany).

Difficulties have arisen recently over two companies selling via the same platform from the same source. I believe these difficulties have been resolved, and I wish every success to James with his German property enterprise.

Thank you Siasta - (USA) for calling me this morning to work things out.

AUTHOR: - ()

Thank you Siasta as you like to be known here, for giving me a call today and explaining the situation.

And as you say this is not related to Peter Langdon and his shady laptop sales, this is a dispute between two property companies- Ours, My German property- and yours, who are selling properties in another country, and appeared not to like the emergence of our company and property market against yours.

It might be a sign of good faith if you post a reply here based on the conversation we had this morning, that you are a property seller as mentioned below who was in competition with our company, and you believed we were shill bidding your auctions and now we both agree that this is not the case- and to call a truce on this matter.

Again I have not named your company in this dispute for reasons of professional courtesy, remembering that everything that goes on ripoff report is here for life and I have no intentions of ruining your company image.

A finally rebuttal from yourselves stating this is correct and there is actually no issue with me (James Fern, James Arthur Willis Fern) or the company My German Property and this was all a misunderstanding, would ideally show the world that differences can be settled in a professional and gentlemanly matter.

AUTHOR: Siasta - (USA)

peter langdon is not james fern and the relation to the computer problem is not related.

March 10th 2015 @ 7PM- weird internet stalker popped up today.....

AUTHOR: - ()

So as of March 10th 2015 @7pm UK time, Someone left a strange thing about me (James Arhur Willis Fern, Director My German Property) on an old ripoff report. They also tried earlier to leave a report on a site called Novni.com but it was pulled down by the site as they dont allow public slagging matches.

At about 6pm today I recieved a weird phone call from someone, they asked for me by name and then started telling me I was a (enter 4 leter words here) etc etc.....quite strange. I was sat in a room of collagues ans we had it on loud speaker, first we thought it was another colleague playing a joke but it turns out that it was this chap, who posted the 'rebuttal' above.

Anyway we eventually worked out it stems from a not too bright Ebay bidder whose bid was removed from an auction of ours a few days ago.

He has 3 ratings, and I suspected he is a fake account used by one of our competitiors- who keeps bidding on our auctions to stop the properties from selling. I believe once he was exposed he became angry- and therefore decnded to stalk me on google. I am not going to name them here for professionalism purposes- I don't need to fight off inferior business practices.

I am quite impressed how he managed to pull together the contents of my Ebay accounts, facebook accounts and Linkedin profile and try and make out there is something fishy about our business.
Sadly it seems to be backfiring, as he just put my ebay listings up the google spider by including the link here, and I guess if anyone wants to invest in German property starting from 5000 pounds they can contact me through this post now.......

In any case I feel nothing but sympathy for his mental issues and I hope that he gets well soon.

James Arthur Willis Fern my german property Zittau

AUTHOR: Siasta - (USA)

James AKA Walter Mitty uses the following names but will use others too as he is running scared!

James Fern
James Arthur Fern
James Arthur Willis Fern
arthur Montaque Brown

James is English born but claims to be Canadian and lives in Germany.

James's telephone number is +(((redacted))) and there is no office - James will answer!

James trades on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/mygermanproperty-eu?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Peter, you are acting very strange.

AUTHOR: captianamb - ()

Peter,

Is your publishing of my name some kind of weird intimidation attempt? Especially strange when you follow it up with 'its all true' is this a cry for help of some kind?

Yes my name is James Arthur Willis Fern. Google me and you will find my adress even and my previous stint as a company director. Look me up on linkedin even. Hey, come round for a BBQ Everyone!

What is a bit alarming, is that I never gave you my full name even on my recipt it is only 'James' Which means the only way you have my full information, is when I left the PC with you to fix you HARVESTED MY DATA and I can only assume you still have this data?

So now not only are you selling people broken and useless computers you are retaining their personal information to use for some kind of intimidation/blackmail?

I have nothing to hide, but all I can say is- you are doing an excellent job at defending yourself Peter. Well done.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Peter langdon

Its All True James Arthur Willis Fern so why not put you name to your claim

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Peter langdon

AUTHOR: V6V6V6 - ()

Why not put your name to your claim Mr James Arthur Willis Fern Its all true what he stated

I dont understand his rebuttal

AUTHOR: captianamb - ()

Is all true what he says, says Peter- yet I didnt 'say what I did'

What did I do? I thought I was very thorough in my description.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: V6V6V6 - ()

Its All ture what he states but did not tell every one what he did any one is welcome to contact me