Complaint Review: Petland Hoffman Estates(schaumburg)

• Submitted: Tue, November 23, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, March 17, 2011

• Reported By: carlos — naperville Illinois United States of America
Petland Hoffman Estates(schaumburg)
11 Golf Center Hoffman Estates, Illinois United States of America

Petland Hoffman Estates(schaumburg) sold me a Sick herpes infected Persian kitten with fleas!!! Hoffman Estates, Illinois

*General Comment: Coronavirus

Petland Hoffman Estates sold me a $1,300.00 dls.  blue point  Himalayan  persian kitten with a herpes virus, diarrhea,conjunctivitis, and fleas!!!! the kitten was cute and the next day became aggressive, cried every night, and vomited green puke, i took her to the vet and the dr. said this is a very sick kitten!!! Petland Hoffman Estates did not want to give me a refund and said it was normal for kittens to be a "little sick" because they play with other kittens!

the Petland in Bolingbrook, Hoffman estates, and Batavia are all owned by the greedy Dan or Mike star!!! and he sells expensive sick kittens to people like me who are gullible!!!! do not buy from Petland Hoffman Estates as they sold me a sick kitten and ripped me off of 1300 dls!!! shame on petland hoffman estates!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2010 11:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petland-Hoffman-Estatesschaumburg/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60169/Petland-Hoffman-Estatesschaumburg-sold-me-a-Sick-herpes-infected-Persian-kitten-with-fl-665100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petland Hoffman Estates(schaumburg)

#1 General Comment

Coronavirus

AUTHOR: catlover1 - (United States of America)

What ever became of your kitty?
We purchased a persian from a petland also. They received the kitten from a breeder by the name of Delores Carlos in Mo. The kitten developed the diarrhea .. we figured it probably had worms. We took him to the vet .. treated him for the worms but the diarrhea never cleared up. We did additional tests and found out he is postive for Coronavirus.

It's been 3 weeks now and the kitty is still on antibotics. What's scary is that not only did it show positive for CoronaVirus it also showed a infection of Crkypto.. (not sure of spelling)... I know that Coronavirus is pretty common and most cats don't get what they call FIP but we are worried about the outcome of our kitty. He has 10 more days to go on his antibotics and then not sure what will happen. But... all I can say is that the breeder must know that her cattery is showing cats positve with Coronavirus.. Just my opinoin but I wish there where better laws with testing of animals being bred.

But I hope the outcome was good for your kitty  And for anyone reading this, if you decide to purchase a kitten from a pet store or breeder ask to have a Coronavirus test done before purchasing. You may be purchasing a heartache in the future otherwise.